Final Star Wars film to be darkest yet

revengeofthesith.jpgFinal Star Wars film to be darkest yet

13 March 2005

LOS ANGELES: Ewoks and Jar Jar Binks beware. The young Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker is about to turn to the dark side of the Force, and it won't be pretty.

Filmmaker George Lucas says his upcoming sixth and final instalment in the blockbuster Star Wars film franchise is the darkest and most violent yet, and is likely to be the first movie in the series to land a more restrictive rating than PG.

"I don't think I would take a five- or six-year-old to this," Lucas said in a CBS 60 Minutes interview set for broadcast on Sunday. "My feeling is that it will probably be a PG-13, so it will be the first 'Star Wars' that's a PG-13."

The five previous Star Wars films carried a rating of PG in America, which stands for "parental guidance suggested" and is the second-to-least restrictive classification that can be issued for a film by the Motion Picture Association of America.

A PG-13 rating means parents are strongly cautioned that some material in the film may be inappropriate for children under the age of 13.

The tone of the upcoming final chapter in the Star Wars double trilogy is described by Lucas as a far cry from some of the more light-hearted elements of his earlier films, such as the cuddly Ewok warriors in 1983's "Return of the Jedi" or the goofy, easy-going Jar Jar Binks from 1999's Phantom Menace..........

Read on.........

http://stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3215623a1860,00.html

AFAIC, 'dark' is good. and i know this next is sacrilege but i'm one of the only people i ever met who really dint care for 'star wars' i think it's an age thang.

*ducks* :lol:

oh wait, freddy mercury dint dig it either. :) one of pet man's many stuffed animal thingys is an ewok (i think it is, he's sleeping now and i can't ask him...it's green w/ears, he got it when he was like 5 or something)

AFAIC, 'dark' is good. and i know this next is sacrilege but i'm one of the only people i ever met who really dint care for 'star wars' i think it's an age thang.

Age thang indeed, slum...I never cared at all for Star Wars either :o But I could watch the fat old Star Trek crew all day long :blink:

The trailer impressed me.

I didn't mind the first two films at all (I think they served their purpose), and this one seems beautifully done from the acting, to the plot, to the special effects.

I suppose the only problem I have with any of the movies so far is the technological/physical superiority when compared to the first movies (which is to be expected). It’s supposed to be a prequel; which would indicate that it should be reversed. That would be hard to do though seeing as how he made the latter episodes first and only decided to make the first three a long time thereafter. Also, Lucas is a special effects whore. He can’t help it.

The unique characters and revolutionary efx made the first Star Wars film charming and fresh. The Empire Strikes Back, which was written by Larry Kasdan and not directed by Lucas, is the best of the series. The problem with the franchise is that the whole she-bang has become more about efx than about story... One man cant do everything and shouldnt

YOU DON'T LIKE STAR WARS?!??!111??!1oneone

Duck this :fight:

Bitch.

:P

Sounds like Yoda

woe is me... :lol: and yeah, more insult/sacrilege to injury or whatever, it's yoda up there in the bedroom, wah, i suck..

Age thang indeed, slum...I never cared at all for Star Wars either :o  But I could watch the fat old Star Trek crew all day long :blink:

star trek's another story. :)

nah, at the first showing of the first star wars way back when in NYC, we were sitting on the floor in front of the first row...i just din't get it. then again, i'm not a geek nor a gen X-er. and i have a life (but i repeat myself). :lol:

*ducks yet again* nyah. :P

• 1 month later...