The Michael Jackson Trial

Psychologist Says False Abuse Claims Rare

A psychologist who interviewed the boy accusing Michael Jackson of child molestation testified that it would be "extremely rare" for a 12- or 13-year-old to make a false charge.

Billboard

True - "but Katz, who spoke to the accuser twice in May and June of 2003, did not reveal any details of what the boy told him.." One wonders why.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Accuser's former lawyer testifies in Jackson case

SANTA MARIA, Calif. - The lawyer who first interviewed Michael Jackson’s accuser testified Friday in the pop star’s child molestation trial that he never was asked to file a lawsuit against the singer.

The prosecution called Larry Feldman as part of its explanation to the jury of how the alleged molestation came to the attention of authorities. But the defense used his appearance to pursue its contention that the accuser and his family were out to get money from Jackson.

...During an afternoon break, a handful of Jackson fans yelled “liar,” “tell the truth,” and “you’re making money off the backs of these people” when Feldman walked outside the courthouse.

In other testimony, sheriff’s Lt. Jeff Klapackis defended the scale of the effort when 69 investigators served a search warrant at Neverland on Nov. 18, 2003. He said the many investigators were needed because the district attorney only gave them one day to carry out the search “so as not to burden the ranch and its employees with our presence longer than that.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7360142/

Jurors in Michael Jackson's child sex case have heard details of previous allegations of molestation made against the superstar 12 years ago.

The critical revelation came during testimony from Larry Feldman, the lawyer who represented a then 13-year-old boy who accused the "King of Pop" of fondling him in 1993 in a case that was famously settled out of court for more than $US20 million.

It was Feldman from whom the family of Jackson's current teenage accuser sought legal advice shortly before alerting authorities to claims that Jackson had abused the then 13-year-old.

Feldman said the family of the current accuser was referred to him by another lawyer and he, in turn, referred the boy, his brother, sister and mother to a psychologist, who interviewed them.

After their initial interviews with psychologist Stan Katz, who earlier this week testified but did not reveal what the family had told him, the family met with Feldman again to discuss the family's next step.

"I called the ... family back into my office for a meeting," Feldman told jurors. "The subject matter was what Dr Katz was told and what Dr Katz told me and possible courses of action."

Feldman described how he then called prosecutors in Santa Barbara County, who would later bring charges against Jackson, after contacting child protection services to report what the boy had said about his experience with Jackson.

But the lawyer insisted that at the time he did not intend to file a civil lawsuit demanding money from Jackson.

When asked in court by Santa Barbara District Attorney Tom Sneddon whether he had intended to launch a lawsuit against Jackson when he first met Sneddon, Feldman replied:

"No lawsuit; I would not file a lawsuit."

The star's lawyers claim the family made up the allegations after meeting Feldman, who brokered the multimillion-dollar settlement of the 1993 claims, in a bid to extort money from the star.

Source: Reuters

post-23-1112419022.jpg

Michael Jackson's commercial to the public about the trial:

http://www.ifilm.com/viralvideo?ifilmid=2664105&bw=200 (If the video doesnt come up, find the title on the left and click to play)

Cashing in on Jackson's misery

SANTA MARIA, Calif. -- A local lawyer is charging TV cameramen thousands of dollars for a prime spot on his roof where they can train their lenses on Michael Jackson walking in and out of court.

Legal experts have come from as far away as New York and Seattle to pontificate for reporters -- and to benefit from free advertising for their firms.

Actor Gary Coleman is also trying to cash in, showing up to crack Jackson jokes on the All Comedy Radio Network.

read on.....

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/news/...y-top-headlines

Witness Says Jackson Molested Him In 1990

In a halting, emotion-choked voice, the son of Michael Jackson's former housekeeper testified today (April 4) that the pop star molested him during a tickling game in 1990.

Billboard

--

Jackson Tells Fans 'We Will Be Victorious'

Michael Jackson made a speakerphone call late yesterday (April 3) to some 200 fans gathered for an event to support him, telling the group, "God and the truth are on our side. We will be victorious."

Billboard

--

Boys drunk at Neverland, manager says

same as first link - duh, A.P. article.

Jam!

--

Anyone ready for this to be over yet? This is still the prosecution, the defense will take their turn yet.

:nope:

Witness Says Jackson Molested Him In 1990

If you consider tickling molesting... sounds questionable, but debatable...

"We were tickling. He was tickling and I was laughing and the -- it was, he was -- he was tickling me in the...," the witness said before asking the judge for a break. He wiped his eyes and drank some water. "He was tickling me. I was wearing shorts again ... He reached on my leg and I'm still laughing and he reached up to my -- privates."

The witness said that Jackson touched him in that incident for two or three minutes and that he remembered thinking, "I should probably go." Asked whom he first told of the incident, the witness said, "Probably God."

I read the testimony - it just sounds vaugue... its not clear on whether MJ was molesting him purposely because the boy doesnt get that specific timewise.. If he reached up to his privates for 3 minutes, then I agree, it's molestation...but it isnt clear.

Anyone ready for this to be over yet?

i was ready before it began. :mad:

Latest Jackson accuser 'hard to discredit'

Michael Jackson’s defence team is said to lack any "ammunition" against the latest witness in his trial for alleged sex abuse who testified yesterday that the pop star molested him as a child.

read on....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,19...1555782,00.html

That article seems to be more specific. It mentions 3 incidences where Michael Jackson groped the kid, and says 'Jacko stuffed $100 down my pants... Apparently, the prosecution is going to bring out 9 such witnesses... not good for MJ

Jackson Witness Pleads Poor Memory

By LINDA DEUTSCH

SANTA MARIA, Calif. (AP) - A man who testified he was molested by Michael Jackson more than a decade ago repeatedly pleaded a poor memory Tuesday as the pop star's lawyer cross-examined him about his story.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050405/D899E09G1.html

Not only was he vague--now he cant remember...

I expect the defense lawyer to attack the alleged molestation victims Dude. When you do it I get a little ball in my stomach. You and I are both probably too jaded to even comment here but we're basically the only two that do. :wha':

I would guess not all of these accusers were still eager to testify years later. Again, they are all male and telling the world they were molested as children by a guy. That's probably not something they were all excited about. I don't know how it works, but it's pretty likely "MJ touched me as a child" isn't the first thing any of them told their present wives. Some of them might have not mentioned it to their closest friends as adults but now everyone on the planet gets to hear their name and they will be hounded by media after this. I can only imagine how much Culkin would rather move to Peru.

I expect the defense lawyer to attack the alleged molestation victims Dude. When you do it I get a little ball in my stomach.

Im not attacking the potential victims - Im simply commenting on what Im reading. If someone is vague, I say so - im someone is specific, I put that down, too.

In other Jackson news ... Longtime Michael Jackson publicist Bob Jones, who was canned by the pop star last year, has announced plans to publish a tell-all about his former client called "Michael Jackson: The Man Behind the Mask," due in stores next month. Jones' collaborator, writer Stacy Brown, says the book will detail Jones' attempts to confront Jackson about his curious behavior with little boys, including his penchant for sucking baby bottles with Emmanuel Lewis and Kieran Culkin. "In no uncertain terms," Brown says, "Michael told Bob to mind his own business." (Page Six)

http://www.salon.com/ent/col/fix/2005/04/05/tues/index.html

:o

Maid testifies Jackson showered with boy

- - - - - - - - - - - -

By Linda Deutsch

April 5, 2005  |  Santa Maria, Calif. -- Michael Jackson's former maid testified Tuesday she found the singer showering with a boy who often slept in the pop star's bed.

http://www.salon.com/ent/wire/2005/04/05/maid/index.html

Also in the same article:

Under cross-examination Tuesday, he acknowledged that in his 1993 interview he initially said Jackson did not molest him.

They should charge her too. If she did see an adult in the shower with a child she has a legal duty to report it post haste.

Maid says Jackson shared bed with Macaulay Culkin

SANTA MARIA, California (Reuters) - A former maid for Michael Jackson has told jurors that he regularly shared his bed with "Home Alone" star Macaulay Culkin and another boy -- whom she once discovered showering with the pop star.

more........

http://today.reuters.co.uk/News/newsArticl...IME-JACKSON.xml

post-23-1112765869.jpg

'Home alone' star slept in Jackson's bedroom says maid

SANTA MARIA, California - 'Home Alone' actor Macaulay Culkin slept in Michael Jackson's bedroom during his boyhood friendship with the singer, Jackson's former maid testified.

The maid, who said it was her job to clean Jackson's bedroom, also said she saw another boy in the shower with Jackson and that she had found the clothes of both boys on the floor next to Jackson's bed.

read on........

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=1...jectID=10119008

JACKSON CASE ROCKED: JURORS LAUGH, MOCK PROSECUTION WITNESSES

Jurors in the Michael Jackson case were overheard during a break in the trial mocking a 24-year old witness who claimed he was molested by Michael Jackson when he was 7 and 9-years old, sources claim.

Specifically, a Juror was overheard by two reporters [one fron UK's SKY TV] saying, "Oh boo-hooo, Michael Jackson tickled me." That statement was followed by laughter from other Jurors.

The comment was also heard by a bailiff. Court officials are investigating.

http://drudgereport.com/flash3mju.htm

Maureen Orth has been covering Michael Jackson for Vanity Fair over the last decade. You can catch her in depth articles there on the Gloved Man:

http://www.vanityfair.com/commentary/conte...es/050207roco02