The Michael Jackson Trial

jacksontrial.jpgJury Selection Begins in Jackson Case

SANTA MARIA, Calif. (AP) - Michael Jackson faced prospective jurors in his child-molestation trial Monday after being greeted by a crowd of fans shouting encouragement and pressing against fences to see the pop star.

Link

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can look forward to at least 6 months of crap news. It would be the perfect time to announce the date for the next election. It Blair cals it for next Thursday, nobody will notice it pass.

And in other news, Nazis have taken over Europe - now back to John with the lastest from the Jackson trail.

It can't that bad. It would be like watching the Planet of the Apes for six months straight. :lol:

More like the sequel to Paddy Cheyevsky's 'Network': "Im madder than hell and Im not going to take it anymore!" :lol:

And in other news, Nazis have taken over Europe - now back to John with the lastest from the Jackson trail.

LMFAO! *coffee...screen...board* &c

This is

LONDON

01/02/05 - Showbiz! section

Jacko's ex-wife to reveal all in court

By Alexa Baracaia, Evening Standard

Michael Jackson's ex-wife Debbie Rowe has agreed to be a star witness against the singer during his child molestation trial.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/til/jsp/modu...itemId=16293334

someone pleeeeeeeeeease make it stop! :lol:

Jackson Says Celebrity Makes Him a Target

Feb 3, 9:51 PM (ET)

By TIM MOLLOY

SANTA MARIA, Calif. (AP) - Michael Jackson said in a television interview scheduled to air Saturday that many of the news reports about him are "fiction" and that his celebrity makes him a target.

Jackson was barred by a gag order from talking about the molestation charges he faces. But he said in a wide-ranging interview with the Fox News Channel's "At Large w/ Geraldo Rivera" program that he believes the truth about him will ultimately come out.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050204/D881E6800.html

michaeljackson4.jpgMichael Jackson has more to worry about than his trial on charges of child molestation, as the singer's custody battle for his children is heating up.

What Jackson's second ex-wife has been barred from doing, the documents say, is selling or giving interviews about "confidential information" regarding the singer and their two children, Paris and Prince. That includes paternity, Jackson's mental or physical condition, purported drug use, sexual behavior, the children's lifestyle, and their location, according to a declaration filed last month by Rowe's lawyer Iris Finsilver, who is asking the court to unseal the couple's original nondisclosure agreement on the basis that it does not contain confidential financial information, as Jackson's team claims.

Read the entire article at VH1

Morning Briefing:

Jackson at large: Snippets from Geraldo Rivera's recent interview with Michael Jackson, to air on Fox News Channel's "At Large With Geraldo Rivera" on Saturday, are seeping out. Here's Jackson on why certain charges have been made against him: "The bigger the star, the bigger the target. I'm not trying to say I'm the super-duper star, I'm not saying that. I'm saying the fact that people come at celebrities, we're targets. But truth always prevails. I believe in that." On "Mr. Eminem's" recent video lampoon of him, which he called "pretty painful" and "sad": "I've been an artist most of my life and I've never attacked a fellow artist. Great artists don't do that. You don't have to do that." On his sister Janet's infamous Super Bowl "wardrobe malfunction": "Actually, I was looking right at it and I didn't see it ... be strong. This too shall pass. Don't worry about it. I've seen worse things." And on watching the press coverage of his child-molestation case: "It's like looking at a fictitious movie. Because it's fiction. It's like watching science fiction." (Associated Press, N.Y. Daily News, N.Y. Post)

http://www.salon.com/ent/col/fix/2005/02/04/fri/index.html

On his sister Janet's infamous Super Bowl "wardrobe malfunction": "Actually, I was looking right at it and I didn't see it ... be strong. This too shall pass. Don't worry about it. I've seen worse things."

I'm sure he's seen worse things.....like the last time he looked in a mirror.

Jackson Goes to Court: to Moonwalk or to Tiptoe?

By MIREYA NAVARRO

Published: February 6, 2005

LOS ANGELES

ON Day 1 he looked angelic in his white three-piece suit with a rope of jeweled baubles at the waist and a gold armband. On Day 2 he chose a black suit and a red shirt accented with a choker pendant, a brocade vest and a royal crest.

As his trial on charges of molesting a 13-year-old boy began last week, Michael Jackson did not play the part of the criminal defendant ordered by his lawyers to buy a respectable suit and tie. Instead he was his flamboyant pop-star self. With the trial expected to last as long as six months, court-watchers seemed to be in for a long parade of Mr. Jackson's music-videoworthy outfits.

But some criminal defense lawyers, including some who have represented celebrities, question this not-so-incidental aspect of the defense strategy. Wardrobes do not make or break cases, they said, but Mr. Jackson's choices are an important piece of the image projected to the judge and jury who will decide his fate.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/06/fashion/06JACK.html

jurisprudence   

The law, lawyers, and the court.

Never Can Say Goodbye

Can Michael Jackson stop being a freak to save his life?

By Dahlia Lithwick

Posted Friday, Feb. 4, 2005, at 3:10 PM PT

Following the Michael Jackson trial is not an enterprise for the weak of stomach. For those who eschew cable TV and tabloids, or avoid the European and Asian newspapers—which treat this as legitimate front-page news—details about this case are hazy: Jackson stands accused of 10 felony counts—including molesting a 13-year-old cancer patient—while Jackson counters that this child's mother is a deranged fortune hunter who in the past has set her kids up for shakedowns at J.C. Penney. You may vaguely know that jury selection began this week in the small coastal town of Santa Maria, Calif., and that Santa Barbara District Attorney Tom Sneddon is embroiled in the grudge match of his life—having been thwarted in a remarkably similar sex prosecution in 1993, after Jackson settled with his young accuser for an alleged $20 million.

Read more here:

http://slate.msn.com/id/2113104/

Jacko 'Kidnap' Victims Lived It Up

Yesterday there were reports that Michael Jackson's band of "kidnappers" had held a mother and her three kids (two sons and a daughter) "hostage" at the Country Inn and Suites in Calabasas, Calif., in Feb. 2003.

Calabasas is a beautiful, verdant suburb of Los Angeles, replete with million-dollar homes and gated communities. It's not exactly a back alley in South Central.

Several weeks after their expulsion from Neverland and Jackson's world, the family (the one at the heart of the current Jackson child-molestation case) told a lawyer that the elder son, 13, had been molested by Jackson and that he had also held the family hostage.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,146948,00.html

coreyfeldman.jpgLOS ANGELES - Actor Corey Feldman, who says in an interview airing this week that Michael Jackson showed him nude pictures when Feldman was in his early teens, was subpoenaed by prosecutors in the singer's molestation case, the actor's manager said Thursday.

Feldman described the pictures in a new interview with journalist Martin Bashir, who was responsible for the documentary "Living With Michael Jackson." That program, which aired on ABC in February 2003, has footage of Jackson and his accuser holding hands and Jackson defending his practice of sharing his bed with children.

Feldman, 33, said he went to Jackson's home when he was 13 or 14 and saw a book on the coffee table with pictures of naked men and women.

Read entire story here.

who the hell is Corey Feldman?

As a teen, Feldman — known for his roles in movies such as "Gremlins," "The Goonies" and "Stand by Me" and who appeared in the first season of the celebrity reality show "The Surreal Life" — became good friends with Jackson. They were often seen together, dressed in similar outfits. Their friendship waned and finally ended in 2001. Feldman later released "Megalo-Man," a highly critical song about Jackson on his CD, "Former Child Star," released in 2002.

Why Speak Out?

Feldman stressed in his interview with Bashir that Jackson never molested him or touched him improperly and that there was no sexual contact between them. But he said he has re-evaluated his friendship with Jackson and has concluded that there were things that happened in their relationship that were inappropriate and wrong.  "If you consider it inappropriate for a man to look at a book of naked pictures with a child that's 13 or 14 years old — then your answer would be yes..... "We went to his apartment, and I noticed a book that he had out on his coffee table. The book contained pictures of grown men and women naked. And the book was focused on venereal diseases and the genitalia." Feldman said the singer sat down with him and explained the photos to him. 

Edited By Jonathan Cohen. January 19, 2005, 10:40 AM ET

Journalist Fights Request In Jackson Case

A television journalist has asked a judge to deny a request by prosecutors for him to testify at Michael Jackson's child molestation trial. Martin Bashir's 2003 documentary prompted an outcry after Jackson said on camera that he continued to sleep in the same room as young boys. Bashir, who now works for ABC News, was called by prosecutors to testify about other things the pop star said that may not have made the two-hour documentary's final cut.

But Bashir said in a motion filed yesterday (Jan. 18) that his work "speaks for itself" and that under California's shield law, journalists cannot be forced to testify about what they observe while reporting a story.

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_...t_id=1000767239