Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. That is almost copied straight from a

news site (because honestly if I hadn’t, there’s no way I’d have been

able to spell Arnie’s name!)

Anyway, I recently caught an ad for a movie on Court TV called The

Exonerated. It’s based on true stories of several people who spent

years on death row for crimes they didn’t commit. The original version

was a play which inspired my interest in the subject of the death

penalty. I specifically remember one guy who spent something like 20

years on death row before finally being cleared.

Now before someone jumps all over me: I’m not saying that the guy who

was just executed in California was innocent. But does anyone think

it’s acceptable that even one innocent person could be executed? I

think it’s about time this country joins the rest of the civilized

world and adopts a more humane approach. For those of you still on the

fence on this issue, I’d check out this movie, because if it’s anything

like the play the personal stories will astound you. I think it airs on

January 27 (but check courttv.com just in case I’m wrong). And if you

have thoughts on this issue, I’d like to hear them.

Sylvio

I'll try to catch that.

Like Dude, I'm against the idea on principle. The system just isn't perfect.

sidebar - The David Milgard inquiry started this week. Milgard was sentenced to life imprisonment for the rape and murder of a nursing student here in Saskatoon. After 23 years of prison, with his mom fighting for his freedom all the way, he was exhonerated by DNA evidence in the 90's.

Milgard was cleared within a fairly short period of Donald Marshall. Marshall was cleared by DNA after serving more than 11 years.

what Dude said above. and yeah, welcome to BK, tflon. :)

I'm against it. Nobody can decide if a human dies or not. Yes, you can say that they are killers but they might not be.

I'm NOT against killing warlords. By warlords I mean presidents/prime ministers that send kids to death for no reason

I'm NOT against killing warlords. By warlords I mean presidents/prime ministers that send kids to death for no reason

*sigh* especially when the preznit/his admin never served themselves and then lie about it (and especially when it's really for the goddamn oil). :mad:

I don't only mean Bush. I also mean the Russian leader(s) for Chechnya, Israel and Palestinian leaders, the French, the...the...the. Some wars have a "good" reason but most of them are useless and kids get killed for nothing.

I blame the kids in some situations for volunteering but most of the times the goverment makes them go even if they don't want to.

I believe in the death penalty not on the premise of revenge, but on the premise of orderly disposal and as a deterrent.

If a human being is so vile that he or she is nothing more than a rabid animal, they shouldn't exist. They're too dangerous and the only other option (forever imprisoned) would still put a strain on society.

Nobody can decide if a human dies or not.

Sometimes one human must decide another's fate. It happens. In this instance it's to make sure dangerous humans don't go on a spree of unspeakable destruction and then take up space, air, and money in a jail cell that would be well suited for someone else instead; maybe even for someone who could be rehabilitated (at least somewhat).