Baby Found in Freezer

Cerebral_Assassin

Shit like this pisses me off........... :evil: :reallymad: :evil: :reallymad:

Woman Charged After Baby Found in Freezer

WINNIPEG - A 40-year-old Winnipeg woman is facing several charges after the remains of a baby were found in her freezer.

In the spring of 2003, the woman's ex-husband discovered the remains of a baby boy when a power outage forced him to clean out the freezer, which the woman allegedly gave him in their break-up.

Staff Sgt. Boyd Campbell says forensic tests show the baby was alive when it was born, but no cause of death could be determined.

The woman has been charged with failing to provide the necessities of life, concealing a dead body, and neglecting to seek assistance with childbirth. Homicide charges were not laid.

"We gathered all the evidence that we had relative to it, and we consulted with the Crown, and the Crown attorney felt that these charges were the most appropriate ones," says Campbell.

Campbell says it took nearly two years to lay charges because of the extensive investigation involved in the case.

"It took us a significant period of time to put all the pieces together. It was initiated by the homicide division and subsequently turned over to the child abuse unit," he says.

"There were a lot of interviews that needed to be conducted, and again, some forensic examination that required analysis to be done that took a period of time."

Campbell says forensic testing showed the infant had been in the freezer for one to three years.

SOURCE

I saw this earlier on The Globe And Mail website, and I was so disgusted that I just couldnt bring myself to post it. Nothing against you implied Cerebral_Assassin, but it just sickened me too much to post it.

Edited by The Hunter

Shawn, i have to tell you, the x and I went through a lot with my daughter over 30 years ago. She was born 3 months early, and weighed 2lbs 3ounces, and dropped to 1Lb 13 ounces. Back then her chances were not very good, and I was told as much by the Dr. She spent the next three months in the neonatel unit in the hospital, but she made it in spades, and is now happily married. If you remember I posted the pic of her and her hubby in a thread a long time ago. She is the joy of my life, and after what we went through, that is one on the reasons stories like this sicken me so much. I hope this made sence to you.

It was the story itself I was reacting to man. I don't expect any person to be able to sluff the emotion that such a story can bring. Everyone has to react their own way.

more reason why i think prospective parents (or just the women) should pass a goddamn sanity test to receive a licence to procreate.

more reason why i think prospective parents (or just the women) should pass a goddamn sanity test to receive a licence to procreate.

I agree whole heartedly. In HS I had to write a paper about it because of a debate but to sum it up I more or less said if a 16 yr old kid has to take a test to drive a GD car then everyone, male or female should have to take a parenting test to become one. They should have to get a license and every 5 yrs retake the test. If you fail then you get fixed, no if and or but. I just honestly think that we'd have a whole lot less people reproducing and then we would have less unwamted children and they'd more than likely be happy children. If you think about it , most kids that become troubled as adults have had a horrible parent(s). Less crime ....less $$ for prisons...less tension in the world in general.

Ok, I'm done, I'll step down now :P