Ashlee Simpson Booed at Orange Bowl

ashleesimpson.jpgNEW YORK - Ashlee Simpson's Orange Bowl halftime performance was a lemon, according to the 72,000-plus Miami crowd. The 20-year-old singer received a discernible chorus of boos following a performance of her song "La La."

"You make me wanna scream," she sang before the audience jeered.

Simpson was among a trio of halftime performers Tuesday night in a game that saw Southern California overwhelm Oklahoma 55-19. The camera cut away from her face as the booing began.

Read entire story here.

I feel sorry about the girl. I mean, why do they only boo her and the rest of the industry-made idol get away with it?

Nobody promised her a rose garden.

Somedays you are the windshield. Somedays you are the bug. :wha':

Booers, hissed: Are all those people who booed Ashlee Simpson Tuesday night after her performance during the Orange Bowl's halftime show just jealous or, like, dumb? People who gripe about her music and her performances "are just old people who watch the news and don't know anything about me," Simpson tells Teen People in the magazine's upcoming issue. And it's not just old people and college football fans who have it out for her, in her view. "Hollywood people are so retarded! They're ridiculous! " she recently commented after the Teen Choice Awards. "Girls get jealous. And they're mean." (Teen People via N.Y. Daily News, Edmonton Sun)

http://www.salon.com/ent/col/fix/2005/01/06/thurs/

I feel sorry about the girl. I mean, why do they only boo her and the rest of the industry-made idol get away with it?

Awwwww...........

Maybe she should try singing next time.

And as for the rest of the industry-made "idols", I'd boo them too. Let's face it though, she is the target because she sucks so bad that even her attempts at faking fail.

That's failing at cheating. She deserves every boo, and there will be more.

Edited by Ken

I don't agree with this...most people most likely booed just to boo and be an ass. I have heard only 2 people live that I actually liked...it's a fact of modern day life. The "real" good ones aren't out there because they don't have the image. Noone can say they have NEVER lipsynced so I just don't get the point. I actually really like her song LaLa :P

Intersting how someone who can't perform, when it comes to live shows, has gotten so much attention and such a big record deal. It's easy to sing the right notes when you have 100,000 takes to get it right when you're in the studio. Name recognition is a powerful thing. She was recording with a big label before she ever performed with her band... this is what happens when you do things backwards... :lol: I feel 0 sympathy for this one.

Awwwww...........

Maybe she should try singing next time.

And as for the rest of the industry-made "idols", I'd boo them too. Let's face it though, she is the target because she sucks so bad that even her attempts at faking fail.

That's failing at cheating. She deserves every boo, and there will be more.

:lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

www.ckymusic.com

:rofl:

Question:

did you guys see the orange bowl? ashlee simpson got booed so bad cause she sucks dude

asked by rul on Wednesday, January 5, 2005

Answer:

with all this rejection and negativity she is experiencing, lets all keep our fingers crossed and hope she throws in the towel. with all the devastation in the world (tsunami's, war, disease, etc.) the least she could do is help us all out and stop making albums. the world will be a much better place without her music. please ashlee....please. stop.

answered by jess on Thursday, January 6 , 2005 5:48 PM

The line is too long for Paris Hilton.  I may die of old age before it was my turn. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: paris hilton and her revolving door of a *euphemism here* (for some reason that line just cracks me up and yes i know i posted it before, blame 'defamer')