For My American Friends

Shawn

Looks like i'm staying here.

I didn't like that map though. IT was a little off and some of those really small states were hard to place (I can't remember which comes first west to east, Ver., NH, Conn.).

Other than those, I really didn't misplace anything.

92% by the way.

i suck: 74% average error 95% time: 509 seconds but i got up to have coffee and then had to dick w/pet man as he watched me fuck up. (thass mah excuse an' ah'm stickin' to it) :lol:

I think it is very good for someone from that far away. They did a survey of Texas seniors in high school a while back and a big percentage of them did not know that the country that borders the U.S. on the south is Mexico. Isn't that pathetic? Everywhere you go around here you see people speaking Spanish. They are called Mexicans. Every week on the news there are stories about illegal immigration from Mexico. Gee, I wonder where the hell Mexico is located.

i got 88%,that was kinda hard placing the first 5 or so.

update:took a 2nd time and i got 94% it depends on which states come up kind had to place nebraska as you first state.

Edited by Tackdaddy

the game is rigged. during the early going, if you are off by a fraction of the position it penalizes you, even if you know where your own birth state is. I got the same score as Slum Goddess and I know where the states are

yeah, i thought i was pretty darn close on Virginia and especially Maryland--the cursor was over where I knew Delaware had to go but it's so darn small...

Plus the phone rang i stopped to walk over and look at the caller ID...stupid telemarketer screwed me outta 30 seconds <_>post-59-1102979380.jpg

Everywhere you go around here you see people speaking Spanish.

Actually, the majority speak a mix of crude Spanish and native languages (Mayan, etc..).

The funny thing is, many surveys have found that people from Mexico (especially those who "move" to the U.S.) prefer speaking English (if they're able) to Spanish.

Source: Anthropology/Archeology teacher I had. He’s excavated Mayan, Olmec, Aztec ruins. Also from the reading material he always fed us. I’m happy to have taken his classes; a wealth of knowledge he is.

I'm good at geography. These results are good for someone who doesn't live there right?

Let me put it this way, I couldn't place any segmented areas in Greece if asked to (and see, I don't even know if you have states, provinces, etc...)

That's very good Method.

me too. i'm so amerikan...when i got here i thought east anglia was in africa.

this is no joke...

When I spent a year in Canada, I went to 7th grade. I was asked where I was from and I told them Greece. Most didn't know where it was. I told them Europe. The same. I asked them if they knew where France or Germany was and almost nobody knew.

Shame.

I'm not saying you should know Greek provinces or all countries of the world but people should know aprox where each country is.

I'm proud to say that I'm a master in geography. I could prove it but then you'd think I used google :P

Hey, that was more fun than it should've been.... nice one!

And your score is better than it should be....android!!!!!!.... cartographer!!!!!!!.... immigrant!!!!!

android!!!!!!.... cartographer!!!!!!!.... immigrant!!!!!

:lol: