Homosexuality Worries Change School Fun-Day

Shawn

SPURGER, Texas -- Boys in the Spurger, Texas, school district won't be wearing dresses Wednesday and girls aren't going to be putting on men's suits.

That after a parent complained about a dress-like-the-opposite-sex day -- an annual Homecoming week tradition.

According to the tradition, boys and girls reverse social roles for one day during homecoming week. It lets the older girls invite boys on dates, open doors and pay for sodas. It also calls for guys to dress like girls -- and girls like guys.

However one parent complains the practice has homosexual overtones. School officials call that statement "inflammatory and misleading."

The Liberty Legal Institute came to the aid of parent Delana Davies, who was concerned about officially sanctioned cross-dressing. Davies said having boys dress like girls is part of an effort to push a homosexual agenda in public schools.

An attorney for the tiny East Texas school district says there's no hidden agenda. He said the dress-up day was just intended to be fun for the kids.

Still, the tradition is being scrapped and the district will hold "Camo Day" instead -- with black boots and Army camouflage to be worn by everyone who wants to participate.

source

Replace it with camo day. Priceless

Crazy Education Stories poll - began Nov 10, 2004

Alaska - 1

Illinios - 1

Tennessee - 1

Texas - 1

Still, the tradition is being scrapped and the district will hold "Camo Day" instead -- with black boots and Army camouflage to be worn by everyone who wants to participate.

Ah, the cannon fodder of the future.... :rolleyes:

I wonder who we will be fighting then?

is it my fault if I bash america again?

Yes, because then you'd be generalizing again.

I know you're lazy, but please try to be as specific as possible if you're going to make a "serious" comment.

You'd shit your diaper and cry like an infant if our roles were reversed.

source

Living here in the uhhhhhh "great state of Texas" uhhhhh, unfortunately, that sounds like something very normal for here :rolleyes: :wacko::wacko::blink::blink: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

is it my fault if I bash america again?

if you find something which you feel is outrageous or terribly stupid, why not? it's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

i bash them because 1) i feel helpless over here and 2) they FRIGHTEN THE SHIT OUTTA ME because it seems so many share their views and dont' give a fuck about mixing religion w/politics (church and state--when i left amerika there were laws against just that but now it seems the PTB (powers that be) don't give a shit about that anymore.

the Freeway Blogger wrote me asking if i would put up signs against bush over here. i checked the local ordinance and as an ameriKan citizen, i would get deported if putting up anything like that (and caught). not that they would do any good here, but still.

ummmm....what topic is this again? fuck, i hate to scroll. :lol: oh yeah, those worried about kids being gay if they try on opp. sex's clothing have gone the camo route. FUCKING GAH!

Sounds like they are trying to push a war agenda in public schools to me :lol:

Your anti-gay pro-war agenda has been obvious for awhile now Marge.

[reference to one of my fav lines from Homer]

Your anti-gay pro-war agenda has been obvious for awhile now Marge.

[reference to one of my fav lines from Homer]

:lol::lol::lol: totally off-topic for a change: i jumped THIS high when channel 4 began showing simpsons episodes every week night a few weeks ago and a 'new' one on fridays, YAY! i'm a happy grrl, once again, w/my nightly simpsons fix.

back on topic, i would've LOVED it if my school would have allowed girls in trousers. i got kicked out of 2 highschools for refusing to wear dresses although i had high grades. morons

back on topic, i would've LOVED it if my school would have allowed girls in trousers. i got kicked out of 2 highschools for refusing to wear dresses although i had high grades. morons

We didnt have a dress code when I was growing up: I dont think it would have gone over well because we were too wasted :lol: I dont think they knew quite what to do with us. The principal had a heart attack on the second day of classes in our intermediate school--and when it came time for senior year, the new principal told us that we were the worst class to ever go through the school system We thought that was a badge of honor :lol:

I agree SG. My school had the same policy. They wouldn't let the girls wear trousers and wouldn't let them come to school naked either. They had to wear a dress no matter what their grades were. :(

We didnt have a dress code when I was growing up: I dont think it would have gone over well because we were too wasted

yes, it's this generation gap thingy--i got kicked out of school for it but 5, 10 years down the road, my younger sister was getting high before classes in the schoolyard (where my friends and i had to hide in the next door alley to smoke, drop acid and do 'worse') anyway by that time, all the chicks were allowed to wear trousers. *sigh* if only! :lol:

when i was in school, they were tossing out guys who dared to grow their hair longer than their collars along w/the trouser-wearing chicks.:lol: