Christopher Reeve RIP

Potato

gutted here. (and i agree w/you, wolfie.)

I heard him interviewed recently on National Public Radio. He still had the desire to fight his way back onto his feet, but he was afraid that numerous infections had sapped his strength to the point that he wasn't able to do it. He was an inspirational man, much more so as himself rather than the mighty Superman.

Lots of people do not realise that paralized men are very often: 'not well'

The bloodcirculation in the paralized parts is not stimulated by normal moving.

And an infection does not hurt, because they do not feel pain in these parts, so it is often discovered too late. And than the illness will need lots of antibiotics, and after a while the germs get resistent to these medicins.

So they need more! All those medicins are bad for the organs and do not forget that a hart is a pump that will try to do his best to make the whole system circulate.

(kidney are somethimes also a couse of death: they can get poisened by too much antibiotics en overworked by trying to clean the blood from germs)

And another factor is: they often get spots where the skin disapeares because they sit the entire day in the same position.

(this is again one case when I do not know the right words in English, but I think you know what I mean)

It is simple but I never realised it until I got confrontated with it.

My daughter lives in an apartmentbuilding together with 27 other crippled young folks and some of them are leg-paralised by birth (spina bifida) or accident.

They do not get very old and they know it.

It is a relieve that they do not feel the pain!

megabitch, you are so right. My mom is a retired nurse and I have heard those same things from her all my life about paralyzed patients.

Also, I think you make your points very well. I understand English is not your primary language and you are a special person to participate on a site that is in English. I have absolutely no difficulty in understanding you at all. :good job: :Here's to you:

yesterday when my girlfriend was logging onto AOL etc to mess around, some guy's picture kept coming on, i didn't have my glasses on and from 10 feet away on the couch i couldn't id the pic so i asked her who it was, and she said it was christopher reeves had died...kind of ironic we figured that superman was dead.

his story is one of perserverance and courage, and also one that reminds me i need to be always grateful for my health and life, and that of my loved ones, because you never know when either will take a southward turn...

• 9 months later...

Christopher Reeve's Wife Has Lung Cancer

NEW YORK - Dana Reeve, who spent nine years caring for her paralyzed husband, Christopher Reeve, until his death last year, announced Tuesday that she has lung cancer.

Reeve, 44, said she decided to disclose her illness following rumors about her health in the media.

For the complete article click here:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050809/ap_en_...DRrBHNlYwM3NjI-

post-86-1123597513.jpg

depressing news...i wish her the best.

• 6 months later...