Happy Friday 8/6/04. Wassup for the Weekend?

DudeAsInCool

I'll be scouting for songs inherently insulting to Aboriginal people for school.

Watch Peter Pan or Pocahontas lately people? ;)

the mundane

Getting my plumbing/water heater fixed so I finally have hot water and a flushing toilet upstairs YAY !!

sheer luxury... it's been a long month

the rest of the weekend.... I will be spending immersed in a bubble bath :relaxin:

I think im gonna take off this afternoon to stroll the boardwalk at Hermosa Beach. Meetings and tennis for the weekend..

My block party tomorrow!

Here's the lineup:

10:30am – 12:30pm

ARTS & CRAFTS (MASKS)

12:00pm – 1:00pm

HORSE AND PONY RIDES!

1:00pm – 3:00pm

WATER SLIDE, HALF MOON SWING RIDE AND SNOW CONES FOR EVERYONE!

3:00pm– 5:00pm

LARGE MOON WALK, TRACKLESS TRAIN AND COTTON CANDY MACHINE

5:00pm – 7:00pm

WATERMELON EATING CONTEST, ADULT TUG-O-WAR, CHILDREN’S FOOT RACES,

CHILDREN’S MARDI GRAS MASK PARADE

PRIZES!

3:00pm - ?

DJ TOMMY

6:00PM – 8:00PM

SPINNING APPLE and DUNK TANK!

7:00pm – 11:00pm

FAT CAT VOODOO :jammin:

here's their link: http://www.fatcatvoodoo.com/

Hopefully, I can get up and do a couple of songs with them...if I'm not too twisted by that time! ;)

Sleep on Sunday.

Edited by Warflower

:bigsmile: drink many Coronas tonight, clean house and grocery shopping Saturday and work Judas Priest concert Sunday, then back to work Monday morning......I will let you all know about JP concert Monday :bigsmile:

During the day on Saturday I have inside and outside projects to work on. I'll probably mow the other half of my yard, and rotortill up the parts of the garden that have gone by before the weeds go to seed. Inside i need to finish repairing the upstairs toilet then continue with my upstairs cleaning project, which at this point is mostly finished. All thats mostly left now are the assloads of books I simply do not have the space for, so i am culling the collection. I also found a bunch of crap that should do well on Ebay, so maybe i'll take some pictures of it and post it all on there.

And do stuff with my son. Maybe we'll go down to bike path and ride a bit, since its probably going to be too chilly for the beach.

Then tomorrow night after the my kid and her kids are in their respective beds, my girlfriend's cousin is coming over her house and she is going to come over here. Then we'll...hang out and watch a movie.

Right. :bigsmile:

Sunday...well Sunday it depends on what condition she leaves me in, lol. But probably if my limbs are all still intact it will just a be continuation of the same stuff I was doing on Saturday. Plan to have the upstairs all hoe'd out this weekend.

Then next weekend is the Washington County Fair. Oh boy!!!

4 days off work :bigsmile: a nice break after 4 consecutive 60+ hour weeks :( Saturday is going to be on the river in the sun w/ many beers.. and the rest is unknown... I am just spontaneous like that :D :psychofun:

Don't know......didn't get to see much.....heard more than I saw..

I did get to see a little bit of friday's show (8/6) when I got to walk around some...

I worked backstage for both shows......he walked by me a few times on friday, but we weren't supposed to look at him (he is short, I'm about 5'5" and he is about an inch or so shorter) I heard most of friday's show.....he did a slowed down version of "Little Red Corvette" , the part I did see he was doing an acoustic set by himself. The older songs that he did, they put a different spin on them. It sounded pretty good.

On saturday (8/7) I was stuck in a hallway in "no man's land" so I didn't get to hear or see much. I spent the day watching the tv where I was.....

he walked by me a few times on friday, but we weren't supposed to look at him

Gee, he doesn't seem the sort to have strange quirks. ;)

We were told that he didn't want to see any of our staff in the halls.....we had to hide, yet we were supposed to watch for passes too.

(I work for a company that dose security for the Toyota Center in Houston, TX)

You know how your ticket says a time for the show to start? Well Prince likes to go on when HE wants to. On friday (8/6) he went on around 8:30 and on saturday (8/7) he didn't go on until ten til nine!!!!

have no memory of last weekend cause 6. aug was my b-day (we went out and raised hell; at least that's what i was told).