Thanks Pepsi

Cerebral_Assassin

all those sickly sweet sticky soft drinks are volatile in some way... I had an aunt who worked in the canning factory. In the days when cans had a seam up the side... she said that Coke (especially Coke) could eat it's way through the seam if it wasnt thick enough :o

Im a coca-cola addict--wouldnt touch that corrosive pepsi stuff

Some say Coca-Cola is worse, and I happen to agree with them.

It is a stronger cola taste wise. I think it would be more corrosive.

As for my personal preference, I enjoy Coke (if you make a drug reference, I will beat you with a flashlight, LAPD style), but I must say Pepsi tastes much better.

So to answer the age old question, I say

PEPSI.

Wasn't there that urban legend (or possbily true, the jury is still out on that one) that police used Coke to clean up blood spills or something of that nature?

There was also the one where they put the steak in the tank full of Coke, and the fucking thing dissolved completely in 3 days.

You're right though, they're all the same.

It's the acid.

one of the key ingredients in cabonated beverages is phosphoric acid. but that is only marginally corrosive

that is almost certainly a photoshop job

the facts on the "corrosive" properties of coke (and pepsi, sprite, etc as all have the same pH)

1) melting teeth http://snopes.com/cokelore/tooth.asp

2)coke + poprocks = boom http://snopes.com/horrors/freakish/poprocks.htm

3)too much acid http://snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp

the whole enchilada, all coke related urban legends http://snopes.com/cokelore/cokelore.asp

post-59-1088281884.jpg

Edited by nate

I watched an episode of Myth Busters on TLC and they went to the junkyard and got an old pickup truck and cleaned half the front bumper with a cleaner made just for chrome and the other half with Coke, guess which half was the cleanest and shiniest.............the Coke side, I knew you'd guess right........lol, they also proved a lot of other things that are said about Coke, like meat dissolving and other horrid things. :bigsmile:

Thanks for this thread....great timing. I just got back from seeing a movie and I'm still drinking on the approximately 2 gallon size Pepsi that I bought. I'm going to sit it down and see how long it takes for it to eat through the plastic no-spill cup that I paid 20cents extra for.

Thanks for this thread....great timing. I just got back from seeing a movie and I'm still drinking on the approximately 2 gallon size Pepsi that I bought. I'm going to sit it down and see how long it takes for it to eat through the plastic no-spill cup that I paid 20cents extra for.

be prepared to wait a loooooong time

acids can't eat through plastic

be prepared to wait a loooooong time

acids can't eat through plastic

Twenty cents goes a long way these days....too bad my innards aren't plastic; I killed off about half of this industrial barrel-sized drink. But that's why they dump a couple fistfuls of salt on the popcorn, eh?

True = "Coca-Cola used to contain cocaine"

No, this is a wind up. It has to be. Doesn't it?

Nope - at the turn of the century it was true.

I watched an episode of Myth Busters on TLC and they went to the junkyard and got an old pickup truck and cleaned half the front bumper with a cleaner made just for chrome and the other half with Coke, guess which half was the cleanest and shiniest.............the Coke side, I knew you'd guess right........lol, they also proved a lot of other things that are said about Coke, like meat dissolving and other horrid things. :bigsmile:

I was thinking of the exact same thing. Glad I'm not the only one that saw that episode.