where does everyone go?

janett999

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go to work sometimes. Get stuff thrown at me like I recently posted elsewhere.

The hard drive in my laptop is making a weird hum.

I go to zp, swapciety, here, and recently... the rottentomatoes.com forums. Haven't really explored much there, but it's interesting.

Attended a B-Day party for my cousin today.

Yesterday I was tied up with work.

Also, my family got a dog (which is funny, considering I come home last night, and there the thing is, playing around in the house. I was puzzled to say the least.).

She's a black lab/chow chow/sheppard mix, with just a spot of white on the front (from the non-lab side of the breeding).

A singer invited me to see A Perfect Circle at the Universal Amphitheater tonite, so I will check it out and report back...

You lucky dog! Hope you enjoy. Give us a good report. :good job:

btw Janett, 103 posts over nearly 8 months as a member! We should be asking you why you haven't been posting that often. I realize you have bidness over at ZP, but don't come kickin dust over on this shiny machine! We've been growin' in a big way. I would check out that Alexa thing or whatever it is that shows how we are doing. I've seen a lot of activity here since I joined. Actually, this is the busiest site I visit.

Anyways, I think we have a thread showing where everyone alternatively hangs out. (I'm too tired to look). It would be nice if we saw more of you! :bigsmile:

I've been very busy...graduate school, garden & lawn, 5 year-old...I have also been active in keeping the BeatKing room on Soulseek going (not often I'm the only one in there anymore, :good job: fellow BeatKingers!) and when I have a alot of activity dl/ul'ing with a dialup connection I can't really be surfing around. Then I spent the last day cleaning up a stupid virus that infected me...#%$@& KaZaa!!!!

Edited by CTC Command

CTC, I hate that virus thingie. Good luck with grad school, you can do it. Good luck with the 5 yr old, you are going to need it. Give up on the lawn, it's hopeless. :)

Edited by Redneck4sure

One place I rarely go nowadays that alot of us used to hang out is NationStates. Remember the old ZeroPaid realm of Land O'Lakes? About 20 ZP'ers or so had a country in there, and some of us even branched off and founded other nations to take over other regions. Veterans from ZP will remember Platinim Theory (Owenz) and Winphuk (Phukland/Anomolies) were our main movers and shakers, has anyone heard from either of those two? I'm still the UN Delegate at 0000 Land Of Scientific Region, which I took over last summer with the help of Caitlin Marbles (whose country of parkervine disappeared around Christmas). I also founded a region called Plate Tectonics that started to gather some steam, but I haven't had much time to administer either of my regions, but I did manage to create Psychotic Dictatorship ruled by Bender lol. I drop in on NationStatesnow about once a week--I used to be on there several times a day...but at least my countries are still up and running.

Land'O'lakes is pretty much gone I think. :wha':

Edited by CTC Command

Is Swpciety still around? The last time I tried to go there, it was gone.

It's there. HolyLiaison's a dork and redid it like 5 times and made everyone re-register every single fuckin time. But it is there now, orange and gray now I think. You should go back. The only people there are the regular ones and this one random person from............ shit..... Europe somewhere. Go be a postwhore, the forum needs it.

but I did manage to create Psychotic Dictatorship ruled by Bender lol. I drop in on NationStatesnow about once a week--

So I see :P)

"The Democratic Republic of Molton Robots - Motto: "Bite My Shiny Metal Ass!"

I go nowhere else.... beatking is the be all and end all :bigsmile:

I'm busy trying to find somewhere else to live as I'm due to be chucked out of here...

Anybody got a cheap spare room?

Probably not... but Ireland is home, so it'd have to be a really cheap spare room with all mod cons and a juicy salary thrown in, to enable me to cope with the trauma of leaving Paddy's land. :bigsmile:

C.A. I have to take exeption to that. If you go into the southern part of WV, Specificaly Pocahontas County, you will not find a more beautiful place anywhere! I lived in a small town called Durbin for about 3 years. About half way down the southern face of Cheat Mountain. I loved it there!

• 3 weeks later...

I understand what you're saying Rainbow, and I meant that in no way to knock how beautiful WV is. I meant that in reference to what our leaders in this state are doing to it. They always talk about how much money the state has collected in taxes but yet they do nothing to our roads and let the small businesses slip away to other states and let the chemical conglomorates like Dow, FMC and DuPont stink the place up. I have lived here all my life and have no urge to live anywhere else.

I was just up on Cheat Lake a couple weeks ago, it is very beautiful up there no doubt about it. Hell, it's beautiful anywhere in WV as long as you stay at least 20 miles away from the Charleston area. I remember as a kid how Dad used to take us up to Hawks Nest, even then the beauty of it all just amazed me.......I realized then that God had a special place in his heart for WV, the greenest mountains in the U.S. by far. My son took a couple pictures of the sun coming up at the airport a few days ago, I think i'll go get them and scan them so you can see them.