14 members have voted

1. 1. Which One's Pink?

• Nick Mason
    • Rick Wright
    • David Gilmour
    • Roger Waters
    • Syd Barret

For me it's Roger Waters....

While I fully appreciate the talent of the other musicians, Pink Floyd post Waters just doesnt grab me in quite the same way.

You're both right.

A shame that they parted musical ways.

The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

It would be interesting to see them re-unite.

But probably after all those years... they're sick of each other.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

lmao @ Umma ... i couldnt believe u would start a thread like this! hahahahaha!!! :rofl: Ok I disagree with everyone! And I say Nick Mason is Pink Floyd cuz he's the one who's there in all the albums, so what does that tell u? And DONT disagree with me!

p.s. --> Syd Barrett kicks ass! So does Roger Waters! AND DONT DISAGREE umma!!!

pink floyd is all members combined together. The chain breaks no matter who leaves. You just can't say that Gilmour or the others are not as good as him.

I can fully agree with this.

God Bless Pink Floyd 

:jammin:

lmao @ Umma ... i couldnt believe u would start a thread like this! hahahahaha!!! :rofl:

Well madcap... it's interesting to find out what other peoples opinions are.... without fighting about it ;)

And I say Nick Mason is Pink Floyd cuz he's the one who's there in all the albums, so what does that tell u?

Although Mason is very talented, Waters almost kicked him out of the band after the Wall, because he didnt contribute anything musically for so long. He wouldnt be in the band if Waters had stayed.

And even though there were several songs dedicated to Barret, if you look at the Wall, that is the story of Barrets life. Which Waters claimed began with bands vs. the audience (after he spat on a canadian fan). If you had to choose which one was Pink, I still say Barret. With out him there would be no Floyd.

Edited by Crazy Diamond

lol... Nick Mason part was a joke dude... I'm sorry for that! I am a big fan of Syd as well (guess u can tell by my nick name) ... and all the rest of the floyds do agree what kinda influence he was on the band... but still there's no denying that it was Roger Waters who was the major contributer in the band! I mean, as for me... I cant get enough of Roger's lyrics... His words do have special meaning, cuz he writes bout real life!

Piper was brilliant! ... but anything since dark side was a master piece! But then u can disagree... cuz its just my openion. Well I'm one of those whose favorite floyd album would be Animals and Final Cut... so i'm obviously a gone case!

P.S. --> still lol*ing @ Umma.... :rofl:! You kno I can never agree with u! All we cab do is agree to disagree!

P.P.S. Hey umma the attachment that u posted... when i click on it... it dont load complete! Can u check again?

ummm.... regarding Wall being the story of Barrett's life... I think only a minimal part of the character that is Pink has been influenced by Syd's life... but the concept of the album tht was the alienation between the band and the audience is based simply on the fact that Roger was too tired of performin in stadiums, which never suited the the perfect atmosphere that Pink floyd as a band always wanted! It was somehow turning out more for the money that was driving them to perform there, and they could feel that they can hardly make any connection with the audience!

Animals which was the previous album was widely a misinterpritted album! That it was an attack on or a criticism of the capitalistic forms of governments---- hardly anyone understood it, so it was widely ignored or termed as drug rock'. Roger as the architect of that album, must have felt really frustrated bout that fact! And there they were perform for an audience, most of them who never got the concept of that Album and yet attending the concert, cuz Pink Floyd had all of a sudden become a brand name... it was somethin like... you aint cool, if u dont attend Pink Floyd concerts.

Anyway back to Wall... if u take the character Pink and his childhood to adolesence (sp) years... it majorly reflects Roger's childhood... and the later half of the album had, I agree some glimses of Syd's character... but it again reflected majorly that alienation been the band and the audience that Roger felt was existing during all those years of touring!

Hey umma the attachment that u posted... when i click on it... it dont load complete! Can u check again?

Which attachment? If you mean the 'tree full of secrets' one... it works ok for me... Oh and btw madcap... thats what the post office didn't deliver to your mailbox a couple of years back... :(

Animals which was the previous album

Nope, Animals wasnt the previous album, Division Bell was, Animals came out before the Wall did.

And yes I agree the majority of the music was missintrepreted, by people who claimed to be fans but really only went to their concerts to hear whatever song was the trend that week.

As for Waters intention on the Wall - I still say it reflected Barrets life more but I dont care anymore, im sick of having this argument.

Nope, Animals(1977) wasnt the previous album, Division Bell was, Animals came out before the Wall did.

Previous means the one before (previous album to Wall)... The division bell was the last studio Floyd album (1994)! :strumma: Anyway peace and love dude! Rock on!

Previous means the one before

Thanks for explaining what previous meant, otherwise I wouldn’t have known.

And for the record, you never said the previous to the Wall, you started a separate paragraph which I though implied a different topic.