Worst song ever!

LOVE or hate them you can't get these stinkers out of your head.

Blender magazine has rated We Built This City as the worst single ever constructed in its list "The 50 Worst Songs Ever".

The magazine said the Starship song earned the accolade because it inspired "the most virulent feelings of outrage".

To make the list, each pungent ditty had to be a hit.

Entry was based on unintentionally poor songwriting.

Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder's maudlin duet Ebony and Ivory also featured, as did R.E.M's Shiny, Happy People and John Mayer's Your Body is a Wonderland.

But the inclusion most likely to spark calls of blasphemy is the listing of the Simon and Garfunkel ballad The Sounds of Silence.

"It's the poetry meaningfulness that got our goat," said Blender editor Craig Marks. "With self-important lyrics like, 'Hear my words that I might teach you', it's almost a parody of pretentious '60s folk rock."

Few outside the boot-scooting fraternity would contest the listing of the Billy Ray Cyrus atrocity Achy Breaky Heart at No. 2.

Fallen star Vanilla Ice made it in with perennial dance-floor filler Ice Ice Baby, as did good-times theme song Don't Worry, Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin.

Eddie Murphy's ill-advised foray into music, with the 1985 tragedy Party All the Time, was evidence actors other than J-Lo should not sing. It ranked No. 8.

http://entertainment.news.com.au/common/st...255Enbv,00.html

-----------------------------------------------------------

Bombardier's note: I'd have to respectfully disagree with some of the list of songs voted as being the "worst". I actually liked We Built This City, Sound of Silence, Don't Worry, Be Happy, and others too.

I liked John Mayer's My Body is a Wonderland, and Simon and Garfunkle's Sounds of Silence. Whoever put these songs on a worst ever list, needs their ears examined.

That said, Acy Breaky Heart and Ice Baby Ice would definitely be on my worst list...yuck...

surely the worst songs ever wouldnt be songs that are in the charts...and especially ones that bought have bought and have got to a high position in the charts.

Ice Ice Baby, made it to number one...at the time is was everyones favourte tune.

the worst song ever has to be

I Will Survive  by Gloria Gaynor

Sacrilege! :bigsmile:

That's a great song and a TV and movie favourite. It might be over-used, but that's not her fault.

The worst song ever was "Why" by good old Yoko, but I even like that. I'm a sucker for corn.

so is that a carte blanche to go out, find those musicians , crack their heads open and eat the gooey stuff inside?

in that case, i'll start with toby keith, because i want to start small

this is really just a list of overplayed, overrated songs--musicians trying to say something through a song, but then only managing to say "we are trying to rock" or "we aren't really this lame"

the worst song ever has to be

I Will Survive  by Gloria Gaynor

Sacrilege! :bigsmile:

That's a great song and a TV and movie favourite. It might be over-used, but that's not her fault.

The worst song ever was "Why" by good old Yoko, but I even like that. I'm a sucker for corn.

Ach Shawn... you've just shattered my illusion of you as the perfect man :lol:

When the disco craze happened, I switched to fusion--herbie hancock, etc. I remember having a meeting to work at a film company that had a music division that released Donna Summers, etc. The head of the company, who later ran Sony, was playing the latest hit when I walked in his door. I think he thought this would impress me that he was 'with it', but I knew immediately that this was not the place for me. Imagine trying to do work and having to listen to that junk all day, and seeing your boss prancin around to that crap and saying 'this is hot' :lol:

Ach Shawn... you've just shattered my illusion of you as the perfect man :lol:

:read this:

I have to show the better half that. I knew I was a commodity. :D