re: new Avatar

MikeHunt

...having recently been inspired by Koop's multiple avatar changes..I decided to hop on the bandwagon....replace my boring 'stock' avatar ....and offer this photo of the mountains near my house.

Photo was taken yesterday... after the most recent storm came through.

As you can see the snow level is down to about 5000 feet.

On the other side of the mountains ..is...well....winter...brrrr.

The guys in the boat are observing mother nature in all her finest... while enjoying 70+ degree temperatures.

This is the proper way to view snow ...unless of course you are sking.

( remember....LA sucks ...do not come here...too much crime and smog) LOL ;)

( remember....LA sucks ...do not come here...too much crime and smog) LOL ;)

That's obvious.

When the locals start taking pictures of the drug runners and calling it scenic, crime is out of control.

:lmao:

I imagine that as years go by, the scenery becomes less noticed because you see it so often, but that does look incredible.

Saskatoon sits on the edge of the terrain change here. To the South there is nothing but plains. To the North, it's forest land. I can't imagine seeing mountains out the window.

Nope. Digital camera will probably be the next must have purchase. It was that or a dvd-burner for boxing day sales, and backing up my dvd's won out.

...Good lookin avatar there yourself..Rob...

Nope, these aren't the Sierras...they are even taller and more north.

Keeping in mind that we are almost at sea level here.

Its the Verdugo mountain range (or San Gabriel Mountains)...with Mt. Baldy(about 10,000 feet) and Mt. San Jacinto ...in the backround.

I ride in Palmdale and El Mirage on the north side of Mt.Baldy. I knew it looked familier, as I also live in OC

My avatar is from the Mohave desert in the Lucerne Valley area west of Yucca Valley. B)

yeah..the upper desert ..my little bro' was stationed at Edwards AFB ...so I used to get up there a lot. That area has really grown up over the last 20 years.

Here's a site with some more pictures of Mt. Baldy ..if anyones interested

http://members.aol.com/jdoll718/mtbldytn.htm

So Pretty...

The one and only trip I had to LA... it was smogged up most of the time... so that's the lasting impression I have

Nice to see things uncloaked :)