Americans living abroad: 'Anybody but Bush'

method77

wolfie..believe me ..al Queada is very worried if a democracy takes root in Iraq.

Look guys n dolls.. I don't want to get drawn into a "defend Geo Bush" mode. I think he is a politician just like all the rest.

I mistrust all politicians.

But after Sept. 11th ...everything changed.

America needed a leader and George Bush stood up ..

I respect him for that.

Has he made mistakes..Yes.

but does he deserve the vile propaganda hurled his way?

No vile propaganda is being thrown here, Mike. Pretty rational discussion as far as I can tell.

It's hard to avoid the fact that we've alienated many of the other countries in the world with the arrogant "our way or the highway" attitude this administration used before the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq. That's why so many of our soldiers have died...few countries wanted to send troops after we swaggered into the U.N. and started dictating how it was going to be.

Unless I see a new candidate emerge, i'm boycotting the presidential election.

I'll just vote local, and let the one-track-mind people elect me another idiot into office.

Kerry, Bush, Edwards, Micheal Jackson, what's the difference?

They're all "bought" by someone, something.

They all have faults, which will prevent them from doing something influential, and meaningful for the U.S., and perhaps humanity.

Here, try some incorrect, or generalizations on for size:

You elect a democrat, you get less security, a pull-out of military, and a raise in taxes.

You elect a Rep., you get the Patriot Act, shoved up your ass, and more troops coming home in body bags.

You elect MJ, and you better keep an eye on your children. :horny:

To bad Arnold aint runnin. We could just give him one of dem machine guns and let him take care of all those evil folks thats against the USA by himself...woooooohhhhhoooo U!.......S!......A!........U!.......S!......A!........U!.......S!......A!........U!.......S!......A!

.......U!.......S!......A!........U!.......S!......A!........U!.......S!......A!........U!.......S!.

....A!........U!.......S!......A!........U!.......S!......A!........U!.......S!......A!........U!...

...S!......A!........U!.......S!......A!........U!.......S!......A!........U!.......S!......A!......

.U!.......S!......A!........

:shootin:

PSYCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your standards for election are pretty tough, Ken. Who could you vote for? George Washington had bad teeth and hated trees...Ben Franklin was always flying a flippin' kite....Thomas Jefferson was too often with Sally in the alley...Abe Lincoln

had warts and an ugly wife....Franklin Roosevelt did wheelies in the White House and had an even uglier wife than Abe.

All humans have frailties and weaknesses. What we can only do is try to put the man best suited for the job into the Presidential chair. That's where it becomes a horse race.

To bad Arnold aint runnin.

Actaully Arnold would run if he could. Didn't he say a while back that foreign born American citizens who have lived in US for a long time should be able to run President?

I think I saw it on CNN several days ago.

Actaully Arnold would run if he could. Didn't he say a while back that foreign born American citizens who have lived in US for a long time should be able to run President?

I think I saw it on CNN several days ago.

SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Yep, he's pushing for the change. We could have a lot worse in California - he's a fairly moderate governor...(though I disagree with him on lots of things)

Who could you vote for? George Washington had bad teeth and hated trees...Ben Franklin was always flying a flippin' kite....Thomas Jefferson was too often with Sally in the alley...Abe Lincoln

had warts and an ugly wife....Franklin Roosevelt did wheelies in the White House and had an even uglier wife than Abe.

All humans have frailties and weaknesses.

But the one's you mentioned, had nothing to do with being president, in my eyes (such as the rediculous "bash bush military record", of which, I don't care).

Yes, i'm tough to please. I have to be, or else the balance will be thrown off.

Be tough to please people, demand more.

What we can only do is try to put the man best suited for the job into the Presidential chair.

If in my eyes, the candidates are not fit to be president, it is my job not to vote for them (hence my potential boycott).

Best suited is "close enough", or "almost".

That's not good enough.

I agree with you Ken, re: bashing Bush's military record. But the subtext of the attacks was that he would never be President if it weren't for his father's last name and the special privileges he was given. But nepotism isnt a crime, either--we all come with a last name.

I think we live in an age where the best people arent running for President because they are turned off by politics.

By the way, Im not a staunch Edward's reporter--but why do you think he's bought off? Frankly, I think he's a good example that one can come from little means and still be successful. Isnt that what the American Dream should be?

i have no idea where to begin w/this but currently, I HATE (what gwb did to) MY COUNTRY, the unrecognisable one it is to me now. does nobody remember before 11. Sept gwb was looked upon as a boob who stole the election? just my .02 and no, i won't expand on this; it would take me all damn day. (one recent reason: Nanny-in-chief by Andrew Sullivan.)

people over here assume that because i'm amerikan, i support gwb. hee hee, the looks on their faces when they ask me and i begin to rant. i'm so happy we had our plans to move in place in july '01. let the dissing begin--i can take it! (but prolly won't reply) :lol: