Support President Bush

Jim Colyer

Part of our problem is that the party out of power wants to impeach the president no matter who he is. I was against impreaching Bill Clinton. To even think of impeaching George Bush is absurd.

No, we are not better off than we were 6 years ago, but we are better off than we would be if Gore or Kerry were president. Bush has risen to the occasion. He has worked tirelessly to keep America safe since 9/11.

This is not Vietnam. All this has happened as a result of 9/11. Muslim fanatics aimed to destroy the heart and soul of America: our economic interests in the Twin Towers and our military strength at the Pentagon. The downed plane was to take out our Capitol and center of government.

Nor is this Vietnam in that no one is being drafted off the streets and forced into combat against his will. The men in Iraq are volunteers, professional soldiers. For my part, if any one of them can not handle the stress, bring him home. We do not need suicides.

Iran is the problem now. I perused the interview Ahmadinejad gave to Time Magazine. Ahmadinejad's world view hinges on his hatred for the United States and Israel. He denies the Nazi holocaust against the Jews in World War II and says that Israel should be "wiped off the map." He resents the U.S. being a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council when, in fact, the U.N. owes its existence to the United States.

Iran is developing nuclear plants. Nuclear energy is a wonderful thing when used for peaceful purposes. Every country which has developed nuclear energy also has the atomic bomb. Iran would be no exception. But it might be the one likely to use it or make it available to terrorist groups. We can not trust the fanatic fringe. If the hijackers had nuclear weapons on 9/11, there would be no New York City and no Washington, DC today. George Bush has looked them in the eye and warned them it will not happen on his watch. Let's support our president.

U.S. PRESIDENTS http://jimcolyer.com/papers/entry?id=50

Every country which has developed nuclear energy also has the atomic bomb.

That is not completely true. Canadian Candu reactors have been around for 40ish years but we've never gone on to use the technology militarily.

Jim, that post is full of suppositions, not facts. That said, I'm not fond of the Iran regime either.

However, President Bush is not above the law - he misled the American people on Iraq--he illegally skirted wiretapping laws - if the facts warrant it, then he should pay the price. PS - I'm in favor of his impeachment, but would let the legal process play out.

I see no reason why the American people should continue to support the man or his party. He has singlehandedly brought worldwide disfavor on this country...and his policies have not been fully supported by the American people, who he has chosen, to ignore.

Part of our problem is that the party out of power wants to impeach the president no matter who he is. I was against impreaching Bill Clinton. To even think of impeaching George Bush is absurd.

No, we are not better off than we were 6 years ago, but we are better off than we would be if Gore or Kerry were president. Bush has risen to the occasion. He has worked tirelessly to keep America safe since 9/11.

This is not Vietnam. All this has happened as a result of 9/11. Muslim fanatics aimed to destroy the heart and soul of America: our economic interests in the Twin Towers and our military strength at the Pentagon. The downed plane was to take out our Capitol and center of government.

Nor is this Vietnam in that no one is being drafted off the streets and forced into combat against his will. The men in Iraq are volunteers, professional soldiers. For my part, if any one of them can not handle the stress, bring him home. We do not need suicides.

Iran is the problem now. I perused the interview Ahmadinejad gave to Time Magazine. Ahmadinejad's world view hinges on his hatred for the United States and Israel. He denies the Nazi holocaust against the Jews in World War II and says that Israel should be "wiped off the map." He resents the U.S. being a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council when, in fact, the U.N. owes its existence to the United States.

Iran is developing nuclear plants. Nuclear energy is a wonderful thing when used for peaceful purposes. Every country which has developed nuclear energy also has the atomic bomb. Iran would be no exception. But it might be the one likely to use it or make it available to terrorist groups. We can not trust the fanatic fringe. If the hijackers had nuclear weapons on 9/11, there would be no New York City and no Washington, DC today. George Bush has looked them in the eye and warned them it will not happen on his watch. Let's support our president.

U.S. PRESIDENTS http://jimcolyer.com/papers/entry?id=50

1) The majority of people around the world agree with Ahmadinejad's views (except the holocaust claims). Whether Americans like it or not, it's a fact. Every country has the right to do what they want as long as they don't hurt others. I am tired of hearing 'if' this or 'if' that.

2) Turkey and Bulgaria have nuclear power but have no bombs. I know that because they are our neighbours, I'm 100% sure that there are a bunch of other countries as well. EDIT: Read this partly complete list.

3) The UN owes it's excistance because of many countries including the US. The UN does not owe it's excistance to the US.

I could go on forever but it could get ugly.

The majority of people around the world agree with Ahmadinejad's views

Not true... I think he's a war monger, not a man of peace. Outside of his views on Nuclear Power, and his occasional charm, I think he's an egomaniac, and his views about Israel are disgusting

Muslim fanatics aimed to destroy the heart and soul of America: our economic interests in the Twin Towers and our military strength at the Pentagon. The downed plane was to take out our Capitol and center of government.

Bin Laden&co failed to destroy america economically and politically, but someone else has finished the job.

mission-accomplished-780214.jpg

Bin Laden&co failed to destroy america economically and politically, but someone else has finished the job.

mission-accomplished-780214.jpg

I agree, he certainly is doing a good job at it. But..Americans are incredibly resiliant and the winds of change are coming and he will soon be only a bad memory

Not true... I think he's a war monger, not a man of peace. Outside of his views on Nuclear Power, and his occasional charm, I think he's an egomaniac, and his views about Israel are disgusting
try reading his interviews and views a bit more carefully and not just focus on the headlines or quotes

try reading his interviews and views a bit more carefully and not just focus on the headlines or quotes

I think he can be remarkably eloquent at times. However, as soon as a leader starts saying he wants to destroy another country, as opposed to building a bridge for peace, they have lost me forever...

he has suggested solutions a billion times yet Bush won't except them including the famous open letter. I will try to get links later if you don't believe it or have missed it

I read the letter and think Bush should meet with him. What about his position about Israel?

it is your duty as an American citizen to cast off a despotic government…’

from here

I read the letter and think Bush should meet with him. What about his position about Israel?

Then stop saying that he is a war monger because he is not. Your president is and that has been proved a billion times.

About Israel? He reflects the opinion of 99% of the muslim and arab world. Who am I to disagree?

Then stop saying that he is a war monger because he is not. Your president is and that has been proved a billion times.

About Israel? He reflects the opinion of 99% of the muslim and arab world. Who am I to disagree?

How dare you stick Bush in my face--I never have supported bush, ever!

I am not changing my position one iota--you heard me--i will repeat it --the President of Iran is a war monger, and if you want to side with a part of the world that wants to destroy another country, then shame on you. I am no fan of Israel's militant position--but that does not justify them being destroyed. I find it interesting that people who are pacifists like me, are chastized when they dont line up with the popular opinion of the moment. I see no justifcation for any violence--and the continued battle between the muslim, arab world against Israel is shameful and vice verca--I have no sympathy for people who want to be live their whole lives in perpetual violence. And there will be no end to it until people meet each other half-way.

lol, redneck. :)

Jim Colyer: we are better off than we would be if Gore or Kerry were president. Bush has risen to the occasion. He has worked tirelessly to keep America safe since 9/11.

you, m'man, if you really believe that shit have been watching only fox news or whatever. no offence but i mean, really! kept us safer? i could go on but i'll only remind y'all of that infamous ignored PDB 'bin laden determined to strike w/i US'

then the nasty little AWOL chickenshit went AWOL again as he flew away to hide until it was safe to reappear as a 'hero' on the rubble of ground zero.

jesus...i can't believe you really believe he's kept us safer. i'd go on but then i'd get banned from here for ripping your statements to shreds and mocking you.

oh forgot--whatever drugs you're on, i wannem.

ps, yay Keith Olbermann! :wub:

ps, he's not my, your or our 'president.' he was appointed by a group of republican dickwads placed on the supreme court. the 2004 election was stolen thanks to diebold whose president promised out dickwad preznit to do 'whatever it takes'. the person whose ass is sitting in the oval office has been spying on all of US and Dem/Liberal politicians since before we all found out about the NSA shite--BLACKMAIL material.

why do you think Kerry conceded so quickly?

once again, i'd love to go on but i think one of the rules we have here is not to insult others. so i won't.

amazing, absolutely amazing what some people think.

so mr colyer, have anything to add to this? :wacko:

ps, he's not my, your or our 'president.'

He's mine! I voted for him....several times.....in every election. :lol:

appointed by a group of republican dickwads placed on the supreme court

And what better place to have your dickwads located? :happy:

spying on all of US and Dem/Liberal politicians since before we all found out about the NSA shite--BLACKMAIL material.

You don't think he stopped do you? :o

why do you think Kerry conceded so quickly?

Because he lost? or because he didn't win? :dunno:

one of the rules we have here is not to insult others.

Damn, I hate rules! :unsure:

so i won't

Well, you could make an exception in my case! :)

amazing, absolutely amazing what some people think.

I feel the same way when I read any post by Dude. :thumbsup:

me seepy otherwise i'd rip your head off, Redneck. lol

You don't think he stopped do you?

of course not! that shit's still going on and why i end every telephone convo w/my mom by shouting TELL OSAMA TO WRITE ME BACK ALREADY, dammit! lol

and dig it, Red, we agree on something: I HATE FUCKING RULES!

me seepy otherwise i'd rip your head off, Redneck. lol

Sounds kinky! :wub:

and dig it, Red, we agree on something: I HATE FUCKING RULES!

Actually, we agree on several somethings. I can't think of anything right off hand but then again I'm not known as a great thinker. :lol: