Wassup for the Weekend • 6/16/06

DudeAsInCool

Happy Friday! All I can think of is sleep right now - I'll let you know what I'm up to in the a.m. when I figure it out myself :lol: What's up for you?

nice quiet weekend but definitely in the grips of winter down here.....snow down to sea level in some areas , power cuts, wind and rain in the rest of the country...... :(

post-193-1150447505_thumb.jpg

Series 63 test today.

Tonight: a night of possibilities.... My options are: sex toy party (with people I haven't seen or talked to since high school), party with coworkers, 21st birthday celebration at one of the crappy bars in a neighboring town, hang out with someone who has been driving me nuts the last few days.

Saturday: Not know what to do with myself because I won't have to study anymore

Sunday: Sunday nights are Famous Dave's nights. :)

im going to get my new car (2001 Ford Focus, not brand new, but new enough for me) tomorrow morning

:thumbsup:

im going to get my new car (2001 Ford Focus, not brand new, but new enough for me) tomorrow morning

I have a Focus and love it. The only problem is when you pull up at traffic lights and there is nearly always one in front. Just to rub it in, 9/10, another Focus will pull up being you!

Even so, I :mad3:

crack.gif

nice one mate...is a beatking "my favourite driving music" thread on the cards?.... :) :)

Had friday off.

Today I am working Buzz Fest, put on by a local radio station. The only bands I have heard of are Candlebox and Hoobastank(?). I just pray it doesn't rain, but I don't think that prayer will be answered today as it is cloudy. One reason I don't like working outdoors, rain!!

Sunday I am working Rascal Flatts at the Pavilion. Probably get more rain too!!

moodyblue: Hoobastank makes my ears want to bleed. But Candlebox is cool. :)

I failed the test. So... I have to wait 30 days to take it again, and can't actually start my job til then. *sigh*

Potato...30 day wait? That sucks.

Saturday: nothing planned..it looks like rain.

Sunday: graduation party in Long Island.

Celebrated my birthday on Wednesday night...went to Europa to see my girl Lourds! She rocked the house. Hung out with the band and and the bouncers :D until 1...did a bit of barhopping and got home at 5 :wacko: What a blast!

http://www.myspace.com/lourds

Enjoy the weekend all! :)

hey Moodyblue, sounds like the kind of fun I remember (Buzzfest) hope it does rain :D :D do you get a free hamburger/french fries :lol::lol: and I bet there aren't any lawnchairs to pick up :lol::lol: Buzzfest was always alot of fun :lol: It really was :excl:

Their first album was pretty good. The second album, Lucy was pretty good also. The third album, Happy Pills was released in July of 1998 with the addition of a new drummer. Nothing has been released since.

You can listen to over half of Happy Pills here. (Real Media)

I was turned on to them via "Change" from their debut album. I recommend that song, "Far Behind" and "You."

http://www.maverick.com/candlebox96/cmp/main.html

In other news, I got to install DirecTv in Fieldy from Korn's Step-Mother's house today. She was a wonderful lady and there was much band paraphernalia lying about. When I inquired, she stated who she was and I mentioned I was a fan. She was nice enough to give me a T-shirt and 2 CDs of pics including Fieldy's wedding last month, concert pics from 2002, his kick ass house and band pics. I left a tool there accidentally (Honest!) so I will need to go back sometime soon. Needless to say it was the highlight of my day/week. Today was geared to be a nightmare with approximately 13 hours worth of work (not including travel time) to do when I arrived this morning. Luckily, the final job cancelled or else I would still be out there until about 10:30-11:00 at night. Sometimes it just plain sucks.

wow..great story mate..something to remember....."happy pills" was the first candlebox cd that i had heard....i just presumed..(whoops!!)... that it was their first release....didn`t know that there were 2 cd`s preceeding that one ("happy pills")....i`ll definitely check the other 2 out....thanx L.O.T.D.... :)

Well Buzz Fest has come and gone, Thank God!! And it did rain, no it poured until about 4pm!!! My socks and shoes were soaked. Then the sun came out and made it hot. And yes Moonglow, Buzz Fest is still fun! NOT!!! :lol: You should have seen the people they were throwing out for sliding down the hill, covered from head to toe in mud.

And here is the pisser.....I MISSED CANDLEBOX!! :rant2: I was stuck at a gate all damn day and was searching when they came on!!! The one band I wanted to see, and I miss 'em!!

Potato...I feel the same way about Hoobastank......in fact about most of the bands there!! Except Candlebox!

:lol::lol::lol: Moodyblue, AT A GATE :lol::lol: that really SUCKS, and our man scott WASN'T there??!!??!!maybe I am glad I'm I am not there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D I feel for you, that is a BIG pain........been there done that :mad::mad::mad:

But did you get the free hamburger and french fries??????????(sorry chicken sandwich in your case)

Edited by moonglow