BBC airs footage of 'US massacre'

KiwiCoromandel

THE BBC aired video footage yesterday of a number of dead adults and children whom Iraqi police allege were among 11 civilians rounded up and deliberately shot dead by US troops in March.

The British Broadcasting Corporation quoted a spokesman for US forces in Iraq as saying that an inquiry was underway into the events in Ishaqi, about 100km north of Baghdad, on March 15 this year.

The BBC, which reported it had received the video from a Sunni Muslim group opposed to US forces, said the evidence appeared to contradict the US version of events.

more.......

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story...42-1702,00.html

Edited by .::BeatFactory::.

Our leaders are bugshit crazy, our generals are crazy yesmen and our soldiers, who were normal people selling cars and flipping burgers before being called for active duty, are crazy from extended tours of duty. There's no sanity to be found in Washington any more...our country has been stolen by Jesus freaks and crooks.

Our leaders are bugshit crazy, our generals are crazy yesmen and our soldiers, who were normal people selling cars and flipping burgers before being called for active duty, are crazy from extended tours of duty. There's no sanity to be found in Washington any more...our country has been stolen by Jesus freaks and crooks.

Well, time is running out for these creeps - the whole country is turning against them

Koop, you are absolutely on target. :thumbsup:

Troops cleared in Ishaqi massacre. I hope that one day international justice will be swift and hard for the people who took this country into Iraq.

Here are pictures of some more Iraq children we "liberated".

post-25-1149340168_thumb.jpg

post-25-1149340211_thumb.jpg

"A senior Marine general familiar with the investigation, which is being led by Maj. Gen. Eldon A. Bargewell of the Army, said in an interview that it had not yet established how high up the chain of command culpability for the killings extended. But he said there were strong suspicions that some officers knew that the Marine squad's version of events had enough holes and discrepancies that it should have been looked into more deeply.

"It's impossible to believe they didn't know," the Marine general said, referring to midlevel and senior officers. "You'd have to know this thing stunk." He was granted anonymity, along with others who described the investigation, because he was not authorized to speak publicly about it."

Source: NY Times

Fucking hell Koop - is that needed?

I dont plan on looking at the video footage - and Im not going to look at those pictures.

Fucking hell Koop - is that needed?

I think every citizen of every country needs to look at pictures like that and realize the situations that created those dead children. This is an illegal war fought with illegal methods such as torture and mass murders of civilians. The world can't afford to turn away in horror and let the carnage continue without protest. Someone has to say enough is enough. How many more dead babies will it take for that to happen?

Isn't there anybody to watch the watchmen?

Let me ask you this: Would you have censored the famous photo from the Viet Nam war in which a young girl, severely burned, is running away from her village, her clothes burned totally off by the napalm which the United States and South Viet Nam troops dropped on them? She was in agony and had to have many, many operations later. That photo of the naked, severely burned girl played a large part in turning ordinary Americans against the war and the President waging the war. People must see the consequences of our actions in this war too.

Im against censorship of any kind. And I have no problem with bloggers or news people posting material that may be offensive. But I already know the devastation that war causes and I choose not to look at it out of personal choice..

I wish all americans could thing that way...

Are you sure you live in Kentucky?

...although KFC tastes fookin great...

not from kentucky, recently transplanted from TX to missouri, but kentucky---missouri they seem the same to me. Anyway what Koop said was right on, I lived in TX for many years (was transplanted 3 wks ago and hate it, but thats another story), was there when bush was gov. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :liar::liar::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Here is the Viet Nam photo I spoke of...it shook up a lot of people and woke up a lot as well.

i remember that pic well koop......at about that time i was drafted into the nz armed forces in late 1970-71 (i was 21)....the draft in nz was abolished the next year by a labour govt ) when the conservative nz govt of the day was slavishly.... and stupidly...and blindly..... supporting the american presence in viet nam......that was a VERY unpopular war down here..current polling in nz is running consistently at 70/74 percent against the presence of western occupation forces in iraq..even though we have nz armed services personnel in afghanistan at the moment......