The Superbowl - 2006

DudeAsInCool

Seahawks want to spoil Bettis' Super homecoming

DETROIT (AP) -- Oh, yeah, football.

All the tributes to Jerome Bettis are done. The war of words between Joey Porter and Jerramy Stevens is over. The Rolling Stones and Motown greats will sing in harmony, and the purveyors of doom -- dangerous streets, a bleak setting, traffic jams -- have been silenced by good vibes from the locals.

Not even a winter storm warning could temper the excitement for Sunday's Super Bowl. Now, it's time for the Pittsburgh Steelers and Seattle Seahawks to decide the NFL championship under Ford Field's steel roof.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ApKP...ov=ap&type=lgns

Ladies and Gentlemen, place your bets!

is that not allowed?

Up to a point. But if the players get to carried away with it, the refs call it taunting. It's wrong, but the team can be penalized for it, and the individual player can be fined. It kind of takes some of the fun out of it.

:reallymad:

SUPER BOWL XL | PITTSBURGH VS. SEATTLE

Seahawks Trying to Buck the Stars/For a top-seeded team with the league's MVP, Seattle hasn't been given much respect for today's game against the feel-good-story Steelers.

DETROIT — They have scored more points than any other NFL team, have the league's top rusher and its best red-zone offense. But for Seattle players, this week has been all about D.

They feel dismissed, discounted and demeaned.

"There is a little bit of motivation when people don't believe in you and there are people who don't believe in our team," Seattle quarterback Matt Hasselbeck said. "There are people who say, 'They are not that good.' "

In Super Bowl XL, which will be played today at Ford Field, the Seahawks are a 4 1/2 -point underdog to Pittsburgh, the lowest-seeded team to reach the Super Bowl.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-supera...calendar-widget

Rolling Stones were energetic, but also a bit ragged in their halftime show. I had to chuckle at a 60+ year-old Mick Jagger doing their early smash hit Satisfaction tonight....if he ain't got no satisfaction by now, chances are getting slimmer and slimmer he's gonna find it... :lol:

Stones were just TIRED and so was Aretha..sounds like her voice is gone. :(

Congratulations to rainbowdemon... :yup: They had me nervous for a minute there...Seahawks played a real good game too. :good job:

I wound up having a party for my boys at the house with their friends because the Mr. went out to play :rolleyes: ...we had a blast...and now I'm just so ready for bed...zzzz g'nite

O my favorite commercial was the FedEx one with the caveman... :lol: Those Budweiser ones were pretty good too... AAAAAHHHHH!!!! :)

post-59-1139197998.jpg

Edited by Warflower