Bush faces new challenge amid flood of bad news

KiwiCoromandel

Mayor Seethes About Fed Relief Eforts:  "They Don't Have A Clue"

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.ad...824033709990005

RAY NAGIN FOR PRESIDENT! :lol: (i'm serious)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good article by Paul Craig Roberts (former associate editor of the Wall Street Journal, former contributing editor for National Review, and a former assistant secretary of the U.S. Treasury): impeach bush now (before he fucks up again).

RAY NAGIN FOR PRESIDENT! :lol: (i'm serious)

And shame to a man who used to be president....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arianna-huff...pin_b_6716.html

It was an off the cuff remark by Clinton that I wouldnt take very seriously. Look, the man just was asked to lead a fundraising effort - do you think he's going to criticize the man under these circumstances?

I can tell you this - when the Northridge earthquake happened, Clinton's administration was on it like a fly on shit - there were no delays whatsoever...

good article by Paul Craig Roberts (former associate editor of the Wall Street Journal, former contributing editor for National Review, and a former assistant secretary of the U.S. Treasury): impeach bush now (before he fucks up again).

..and he's a conservative:

The Bush administration is damned by its gross incompetence. Bush has squandered the lives and health of thousands of people. He has run through hundreds of billions of borrowed dollars. He has lost America’s reputation and its allies. With barbaric torture and destruction of our civil liberty, he has stripped America of its inherent goodness and morality. And now Bush has lost America’s largest port and 25 percent of its oil supply. Why? Because Bush started a gratuitous war egged on by a claque of crazy neoconservatives who have sacrificed America’s interests to their insane agenda.

An american city destroyed and an oil supply lost because of the iraq invasion.

I just want to LOL at the irony, but this weight of disgust is limiting me to a smile while I shake my head.

My first reaction when television images of the survivors of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans came through the channels was that the producers must be showing the wrong clip. The images, and even the disproportionately high number of visibly impoverished blacks among the refugees, could easily have been a re-enactment of a scene from the pigeonholed African continent.

Well no more bitching about the way people are living in Iraq. It doesn't matter if you are Christian or Muslim, American or Arab, all that matters is your bank balance.

Collective Outrage Across the US

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/03/national...l/03voices.html

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, in an unusual foray into domestic affairs, sharply disputed any suggestion that storm victims had somehow been overlooked because of their race. "We're all going to need to be in this together,"

Yes, Condi Rice was so deeply affected by the carnage wreaked upon her fellow American citizens and especially the poor blacks she empathizes with....that she went to watch tennis and shop for shoes in New York until Thursday. thumbsdown :evil:

Bush Tries to Quell Political Crisis

The president was flanked by his high military and emergency command: Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff and Gen. Richard B. Myers, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

As Mr. Bush spoke, Vice President Dick Cheney and Karl Rove, the president's senior political adviser, listened on the sidelines, as did Dan Bartlett, the counselor to the president and Mr. Bush's overseer of communications strategy. Their presence underscored how seriously the White House is reacting to the political crisis it faces.

"Where our response is not working, we'll make it right," Mr. Bush said, as Mr. Bartlett, with a script in his hand, followed closely.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/04/national...agewanted=print

Has there ever been a sorrier group in one place at one time?

Yes, Condi Rice was so deeply affected by the carnage wreaked upon her fellow American citizens and especially the poor blacks she empathizes with....that she went to watch tennis and shop for shoes in New York until Thursday. thumbsdown  :evil:

as usual, she's towing the bu$hCo line--she's a disgrace to poor people everywhere especially those stuck/dead in New Orleans:

But noting her own roots in Alabama, and her father's in Louisiana, Dr. Rice announced plans to visit the region this weekend and said, "That Americans would somehow in a color-affected way decide who to help and who not to help - I just don't believe it."

Dude: Has there ever been a sorrier group in one place at one time?

this should tell everyone all they need to know:

He struck a more somber tone than he had at times on Friday during a daylong tour of the disaster region, when he had joked at the airport in New Orleans about the fun he had had in his younger days in Houston.

just pathetic, he has to make another fucking 'speech' to change his original (truthful) tone. about this:

The White House also postponed a major visit to Washington next week by President Hu Jintao of China. In a statement issued on Saturday, the White House said both Mr. Hu and Mr. Bush had agreed that "in the present circumstances, it was best not to have" the meeting,

postponed, my ass--i read in a dozen places yesterday that the president of China fucking cancelled first. this:

The silence of many prominent Democrats reflects their conclusion that the president is on treacherous political ground and that attacking him would permit the White House to dismiss the criticism as partisan politics-as-usual, a senior Democratic aide said.
is amazing to me. chickenshits. this:
some Republicans said the perception among some blacks that the White House had been slow to respond because so many victims were poor and African-American
perception among some blacks? SOME blacks? what about THE ENTIRE WORLD?

i can't read anymore of this shit--Chris just said 'rehnquist is dead'

last thought on this shit: are they gonna care enough to cancel the propaganda march/festivities 11. september?

why does channel ZDF (in germany) hate amerika?

There was a striking dicrepancy between the CNN International report on the Bush visit to the New Orleans disaster zone, yesterday, and reports of the same event by German TV.

ZDF News reported that the president's visit was a completely staged event. Their crew witnessed how the open air food distribution point Bush visited in front of the cameras was torn down immediately after the president and the herd of 'news people' had left and that others which were allegedly being set up were abandoned at the same time.

The people in the area were once again left to fend for themselves, said ZDF.

from here

watch this dude's citizen rescue; near the end, after he rescued and talked about this elderly couple who'd withstood the hurricane in their attic for days, he was asked to take off.

i just saw a clip from German ARD TV stationed in mississippi that said basically what (german) channel ZDF said--bu$hCo's hurricane appearances are staged and the second he's done they pick up all their 'aid' (all phoney props, all the damn time) and fucking split.

challenge THIS, bu$hCo: 'In St. Bernard and Plaquemines parishes, just south of New Orleans, victims of the hurricane are still waiting for food and water and for buses to escape the floodwaters, [ Rep. Charlie Melancon, D-La.] said. And for the entire time Bush was in the state, the congressman said, a ban on helicopter flights further stalled the delivery of food and supplies.' kos quoting NO daily times-picayune

Washington Failed To Fund Levee Projects, “Gambled” On Short-Term Political Gain For Admin. vs. Long-Term Safety...

http://www.beatking.com/forums/index.php?a...02&f=91&t=15366

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld toured a medical facility at New Orleans' international airport on Sunday. He spoke and shook hands with military and rescue officials but walked right by a dozen refugees lying on stretchers just feet away from him, most of them extremely sick or handicapped.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N03371064.htm

This article is so wrong-headed, it is hard to even begin to criticize it in a short space, other than to say it is written by an anti-Bush foreigner who has little understanding of America. Bush was right: no-one could have predicted when this devastating storm would hit. I don't blame anyone for the tragedies of nature.

David Augustine, Mendham, NJ

Stocked up with gallons of Kool-Aid so he could watch on TV as Bush flew in a helicopter and rescued the Gulf Coast....