ABC News Anchor Peter Jenning Succumbs

DudeAsInCool

ABC NEWS ANCHOR PETER JENNINGS DIES AT 67

Aug. 7 — ABC News Anchor Peter Jennings died today at his home in New York City. He was 67. On April 5, Jennings announced he had been diagnosed with lung cancer.

He is survived by his wife, Kayce Freed, his two children, Elizabeth, 25, and Christopher, 23, and his sister, Sarah Jennings.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=1015438

shit, i met him in central park once. RIP.

Fucking sucks.

I have watched him since I was a little kid. He has always been the voice that i could turn to in really mainstream news. He is an innovator and a name and voice you could really trust. I will miss the man and his kindly, yet confrontative manner.

Rest in peace sir... you will be missed...

In 1982 I bought a satellite dish for my father who was housebound with emphysema, brought on by many years of smoking. My dad liked to watch the news and election coverage, and he particularly enjoyed watching the raw feeds with no commercial breaks. He really liked Peter Jennings and David Brinkley when they were together in the same studio...every commercial break they would both light up a fresh cigarette and suck as many drags as they could before the show resumed. A few seconds before they went back on the air, they'd put the cigarettes, still lit, into an ashtray and stuff it under the table top. If you watched closely you could see the smoke curling up from under the table...

More victims for the tobacco companies....