Horror defined

Excrement_Cranium

I really have no love for bunny huggers, especially those overzealous PETA bastards who decided to try to compare meat processing with the Holocaust. But I will agree that this is some f'd up junk:

Warning... very graphic

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video.asp?vi...r=wm&speed=_med

While I can agree with not supporting the American side of the company here, I will never support anyone who says we need to stop the Chinese from doing ANYTHING. They have a government who regulates their lives, and it's not our place to do so. They have another culture. Though, I find it striking that PETA puts this video up, but were all up in arms a few years ago when a site posted a video of a kitten being prepared and eaten. I guess they have a monopoly on internet depiction of animal cruelty.

My two problems:

1 The animal is alive during the procedure

2 The animal is left to die a slow death

As an added, if the remaining portion is not used for food, then it is not only a matter of cruelty, but also of waste.

I wonder why they didn't kill it first. The people doing it must just have a completely different view on animals.

I wonder how much it actually did suffer. Not like it was actually thinknig "Holy shit, I'm being skinned alive". Does that mean it was more like a computer? "IF sensors = being skinned THEN wriggle to escape ELSE search for food".

I wonder why they didn't kill it first. The people doing it must just have a completely different view on animals.

I wonder how much it actually did suffer. Not like it was actually thinknig "Holy shit, I'm being skinned alive". Does that mean it was more like a computer? "IF sensors = being skinned THEN wriggle to escape ELSE search for food".

Gah. Damn you, I didn't want to have a reason to laugh. :lol:

I have to agree, though. The view of animals has to be very different. Even more to my point that we have no buisiness telling them what to do. If you don't like it, don't buy fur.

Keep your Jesus off my penis, and I'll keep my penis off your shoulder.

Edited by Excrement_Cranium

They tortured the animal, and they didn't have to. That doesn't make any sense.

They have a government who regulates their lives, and it's not our place to do so.

You're right.

We shouldn't be regulating the Chinese people; we should be obliterating their oppressive, inhuman regime that some people call a government (I don't call it a government; not in the 21st century).

The Chinese are enslaved by a bullshit government that is being fed by various multi-national corporations.

They keep their currency low while suppressing any hint of freedom or democracy (that might arise from their bullshit activities), and the Chinese people are the victims.

Oh yes, let us, the nation of Jesus christ save those poor godless yellow bastards.

What the fuck ever. Yes, they have a fucked up government. Yes, poverty and illness are horrible social side effects of the oppression wrought by thier government. No, it's still not our fucking business. Humane or not, all of us in the "civilized" world need to wake up, and quit trying to fucking play god.

You can not base your decision to not buy fur based on this one video. This is an extreme - not the norm.

And all this us Vs them stuff doesnt make sense. It wasn't that long ago that it stopped being normal on farms to kill unwanted pups and kittens by tying them in a plastic bag and drowning them.

Are we more enlightened now, or has the whole thing just been sensualised? Where does it stop? Is it wrong to squash an ant? spider? rat? where is the line? who is to say?

i feel ill...like Lord, i watched the first (????there's more?), after i shouted OMG! (at the bashing and woke Chris up), i couldn't watch whatever fucked-up shit comes after.

fuck, i need a huge fucking drink (hits the Glenmorangie at 8,15 AM). :nope:

I don't know that there is more, but like I said, PETA likes to hold a monopoly on the depection and definition of cruelty. They have several videos from meat processing plants, dairy farms, leather farms, wool farms etc, etc.

I hate their style, and a large portion of their message, but after coming up on this link, they had a small iota of support in my mind for about 2 seconds. I had to share it.

there's no justification....I see a sort of cruel sadism in this procedure.

I don't care for PETA'S tactic either. But skinning animals that are still alive is just mind-boggling. I really don't know what to say about it.

I agree. I was somewhat ill when I watched. It was something of the car wreck syndrome, I didn't really want to see, but I HAD to watch. The initial whack was bad, the skinning was worse. What really killed me though, is how they discarded it still alive, to reach it's end suffering.

If this were something that happened in the United States, or any country that enforces some kind of animal protection, I would wholeheartedly stand behind the people getting the full extent of retribution under those laws. But, as Malicious Intent stated, they seem to have a whole different value system on animals.

I dont' know..... I am actually something of an animal lover. We have a dog, a rat, and a guinea pig. I wouldn't put any of those pets through any suffering. Then again, in some countries my pets would represent three meals.

What a conflicted individual I am.

Oh yes, let us, the nation of Jesus christ save those poor godless yellow bastards.

...it's still not our fucking business.  Humane or not, all of us in the "civilized" world need to wake up, and quit trying to fucking play god.

amen to that--we have to quit inflicting our brand of democracy all the fuck over but it's not gonna happen as long as that asswipe's sitting in the whitehouse.