Really sad day

method77

A cousin of mine, who happens to be one of my best friends, and his wife Helen were expecting their first child this week. 2 days ago, she checked in the hospital to get prepared for the birth. We were all very happy and made fun of him cause we couldn't imagine him as a father. Happy days...

Last night, we kept calling him but his phone was closed. We didn't know what was going on. He answered a few hours later and told us that the child was dead.

I'm really fucked up right now. It couldn't happen to a nicer couple. He is one of the nicest and funniest people I have ever known. I swear, if I see him cry it will be like a knife stab in my back.

Once again, life proved really unfair.

So long little angel even though you never got to see how beautiful this planet is...

Sympathies to all your family...the loss of an unborn baby is a devastating thing to all concerned. Things like this always are a reminder of how lives can be changed forever from one minute to the next. My step-daughter had two miscarriages which were incredibly sad experiences, but she was fortunate enough to later have two healthy babies. I hope your cousin and his wife experience the same happiness in the future.

Koop is right. This can be a devastating experience but doesn't mean they can't have perfectly healthy kids in the future. My sister lost 4 babies but also gave birth to 4 completely healthy kids.

They need to lean on each other for the support to get through this, but a friend/cousin like you helps too.

Wow method, I am truly sorry to hear this. My deepest sympathy and empathy go out to both you and your cousin and all of your kin.

My younger sister lost her first baby about 18 years ago--she died a few minutes after she was born. Our family was in shock, probably sadder than when our grandparents died. But my sister went on to have two healthy children after that--the oldest of them, my nephew, is graduating from high school tonight...

And while my wife and I between us have 4 healthy children from previous relationships (my son will be 6 on Saturday :o , her oldest just turned 5 and the twins are almost 4), we would really like to have a baby of our own. Unfortunately we have had 3 miscarriages in the past 6 months. Each time we get our hopes up, and then when we lose the baby we both get quite bummed. But we keep trying, and when it is meant to be it will be.

All we can do is be grateful for what we do have...hang in there man.

I in no way can even imagine how they must feel, I have never lost a child so I can't say I understand the pain they must be in.

Right now I do know that they need each other now more than ever in their moment of sadness and loss.

My thoughts are with them though and I hope that they can someday have a child that will be normal and healthy and bring them many years of joy and happiness.

It must be especially hard on the mother being that the baby grew inside of her for 9 months, the bond is made and then broken so suddenly........it's not fair but we must take each day and be thankful for what we have and know that there is a future and that hopefully great things lie ahead for them.

My condolences to the parents. I wish them the best in the future and hope that the pain will dull in time although the baby will always be a part of them for the rest of their lives......

:( :(

Method, my thoughts are with you and your friends. I know how they (and you) must feel. My first grandchild, a girl that her mother named Savanna, lived for exactly three weeks. You guys will get past this, and life will return to normal. But it's something you can never forget.

r.i.p.

Method this is the second time I came back here to try and reply to this. All I can offer you my friend is my heart felt condolences. Take time with your family, and do what you can to help them get over this.

CTC Command, we havnt talked for a while, too long actually, and I hope you are finally able to achieve your goal. Both of you take care.

method, i'm so sorry to read about this.

you'll be fine. since you're tight w/each other, he'll most likely lead you by his words and actions.

That sucks man. But you have to pick up the pieces and keep moving.

My sister had a miscarraige last year. All she wanted was a baby girl. Well, this year she gave birth... to a healthy baby boy. She had to spend the last three months of pregnancy on bedrest, but she made it. He was born on our brother's birthday, so my brother's name was added to his. Aiden Conrad Charles Craton.

method i'm sorry to hear this news (late apparently)... my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

personally i have no sense of what it could possibly be like to even know anyone blood related to me, that bond is missing in my life, but i can only imagine that it must be very special and deep. i'm very sorry for your loss.