Stern fan hoses CNN again

AnalogKid

The best part is the newswoman bitching and crying after she got the boot to the ass.

I feel sorry for her.

She was just doing her job and reporting on a serious matter. It's just her source/producres/etc.. screwed up and Howard Stern's camp decided to be assholes. The two were a deadly mix sure to screw up her broadcast.

I don't find arson funny. Howard Stern should keep his ass out of news broadcasts.

I feel sorry for her.

She was just doing her job and reporting on a serious matter. It's just her source/producres/etc.. screwed up and Howard Stern's camp decided to be assholes. The two were a deadly mix sure to screw up her broadcast.

I don't find arson funny. Howard Stern should keep his ass out of news broadcasts.

Care to explain why Stern is an a'hole because one of his fans decides to call into a show with a phony phone call? Did Howard actually make the call, or perhaps he was holding this individual and his family hostage with a ransom demand of hosing a news program?

The people who are directly responsible for this happening is CNN itself for hiring screeners, producers, and reporters who's true calling should have been cleaning the grease pit at their local McDonalds. Most shows that conduct live on air interviews do it with a 3-5 second delay in the event that one of those 7 bad words happens to sneak through or to head off any prank calls. I find it difficult to believe that an organization the size of CNN can't afford to equip their audio booth with a delay box or provide caller ID for their phone systems, especially considering the fact that Janks has done this to them countless times.

As far as feeling sorry for the anchor, save your sympathy for someone who is truly deserving of compassion. This woman broke the 2 most basic rules of conduct associated with being a professional on air personality:

1. Don't go out of your way to point out on air mistakes!!

2. No matter how embarrassing the error might be, move on and continue with the rest of the program.

Her frustration with the situation obviously got her rattled, and helped the caller achieve what he set out to accomplish from the start. Personally, I thought her overreation to the comment was funnier than the call itself.

Edited by AnalogKid

I feel sorry for her.

I agree - the placement was inappropriate. But I dont think Howard Stern had anything to do with it - some asshole fan did it.

I feel sorry for her.

Care to explain why Stern is an a'hole because one of his fans decides to call into a show with a phony phone call? Did Howard actually make the call, or perhaps he was holding this individual and his family hostage with a ransom demand of hosing a news program?

The people who are directly responsible for this happening is CNN itself for hiring screeners, producers, and reporters who's true calling should have been cleaning the grease pit at their local McDonalds. Most shows that conduct live on air interviews do it with a 3-5 second delay in the event that one of those 7 bad words happens to sneak through or to head off any prank calls. I find it difficult to believe that an organization the size of CNN can't afford to equip their audio booth with a delay box or provide caller ID for their phone systems, especially considering the fact that Janks has done this to them countless times.

As far as feeling sorry for the anchor, save your sympathy for someone who is truly deserving of compassion. This woman broke the 2 most basic rules of conduct associated with being a professional on air personality:

1. Don't go out of your way to point out on air mistakes!!

2. No matter how embarrassing the error might be, move on and continue with the rest of the program.

Her frustration with the situation obviously got her rattled, and helped the caller achieve what he set out to accomplish from the start. Personally, I thought her overreation to the comment was funnier than the call itself.

Bing! Bang! Zip!

Exactly. I don't feel sorry for HER at all. Why, because she got a prank phone call on the air? Meh. Cry me a river. I work directly with the idiot public daily. Drunks, snobs, and just plain morons. I have no sympathy for her crystal ball of perfection being infected with some real life idiocy.

Finding the situation funny and finding arson funny.... no idea where the correlation came from. However, some people losing their condos is far less an atrocity then things that happen all over the world every day.

:I gotta see this: :fight: :lol:

Well thought out, Analog Kid - you're right, she should have ignored the call... I still the caller was an asshole, though

I work directly with the idiot public daily. Drunks, snobs, and just plain morons.

testify, dude! :lol: