in search of a song....

drpixel

Greetings all from drpixel....

Was out at a mall the other day, and in a store--coming over the speaker 'system' was an oldie--I believe from the 50s--possibly early 60s. It was an organ instrumental--NOT the happy Organ bu Baby Cortez, but another one that was popular arounf that time.

If I don't find out the nema of the song--and listen to it, it will CONTINUE playing over and over and over....well, I guess you get the picture....

Any help --to save my ssanity -- will be greatly appreciated....

the Doctorjava script:emoticon(':righteousdude:')

smilie

One of the greatest instrumental songs of the '60's was Green Onions by Booker T. & the MG's...it had a memorable organ lead and killer bass and guitar lines, courtesy of Duck Dunn and Steve Cropper ( you might know them from The Blues Brothers band).

Listen to it here:

http://www.buy.com/prod/Green_Onions/q/loc/109/60149242.html

another classic by booker t and the mg`s that was played a lot on the radio at that time was an organ/guitar instrumental ..." time is tight ".......

Time Is Tight [single Version] (3:14)

(Jones/Jackson/Dunn/Cropper)

.....welcome to beatking drpixel..... :)

post-39-1118106905.jpg

Hello, Kooper and kixibank...thanks so much for your prompt replies...as I type this 'Green Onions' is playing in the background, helping me to purge it from the few brain cells I have left that function (chuckle..)

It was an 'odd' song to hear over a Sears (yup..) PA system, but it got stuck in my head and there it remained. Thanks to both of you! As to the 50s era of music, I have always had a fondness for that era, though I was a wee tike the (am now 56 yrs young.., my new friends..)>>>DANGER...DANGER

I think the music of the 50's was wonderful...you could slow dance to it..understnd the lyrics and NOT be offended by the language contained within it.... (..theres no place like home...theres no place like home...>>I return you now to the current decade and year.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzztttttTTTTTT>poof<. sorry for the mini-flashback in time folks....but its late me--get a bit philosophical this of evening...truly appreciate you both responding.....nice to do so.....>

Regards,

the Doctor (drpixel)

hey dude, welcome to BK and all, from the people you reference i can tell you're from NYC, those were the same i listened to way back when. as far as the way back machine, i avoid that shit like the plague, it depresses me muchly. *suppressed raving* :)

fellow greybeards.... I am from New Jersey... a stones throw from Noo Yawk Ci-tay...where I usedta woik downtown. Saw the 9/11 horror up close and personal...

..appreciate the welcome messages as well..nice to be here....spent many fond evenings below the GW Bridge watching the lights of the City with my schweetie Linda...married 35 years THIS 9/26/05....

Regards,

Doc

ps..sorry for the misspelling, kiwi... gotta get new glasses for my fingers. I'm a graduate of the H and P method of typing.. hunt.. and peck., but I still ess up every now and then...

the typing-challenged Doc...

Welcome to BK doc.

I like to think of the older members as fountains of wisdom more than as graybeards, but with guys like Koop and Kiwi to represent it doesn't always work. :D

Maybe you can fulfill that slot.

I MIGHT BE ONE OF THE OLDER ONES,AND NEW AROUND HERE,BUT I GOT ALOT TO SAY AND MY OWN SONG LYRICS TO SHARE WITH ALL. I AM MOQUI AND I HOPE YOU LIKE MY SONGS. IS IT NOT ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC, OR IS IT ALL ABOUT FICTIONASIA? I DON'T NEED NO FANCY FONT,I DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' AVITAR, I AM ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC...DOES ANYONE REMEMBER WOLF MAN JACK? [email protected] . talk to me if ya'll want to,ornot...

I AM ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC...DOES ANYONE REMEMBER WOLF MAN JACK? [email protected] . talk to me if ya'll want to,ornot...

Yep - he had his countdown show... Interesting character :scratchin: