Half of Sexually Active Youth Will Get STD's!

DudeAsInCool

Study: Half Of Sexually Active Young People Get STDs

RALEIGH, N.C. -- A new study suggests 50 percent of sexually active young people will contract a sexually transmitted disease by the time they're 25.

Read more here:

http://www.nbc5.com/health/4346218/detail....sp=nationalnews

That's very scary....I often wonder if kids today even think of the consequences for their actions??? I know when I was younger I did stupid shit...but I always justified the stupidness b4 I DID IT ;)

Hell, I was one of the most reckless kids out there when I was younger - in fact despite being in my thirties now I probably still am... but I'd never consider doing anything as daft as that - this isn't jumping off a low building or playing with matches!

I know when I was younger I did stupid shit...but I always justified the stupidness b4 I DID IT ;)

same here and i'm still justifying. last year i read that 50% of all people will get an STD sometime sooner or later; very depressing. there's one called HPV which has no symptoms really for a long time (those who have it don't know) and i read that you can never get rid of it.

Is this half in the United States, or is this a world-wide figure?

I think it was an American study...

It might be an American study, but it's a worldwide problem. Over here in the UK teen pregnancy is rocketing.

From what I've heard though, you guys are having a real drive towards "not doing it"... which to me seems to be the safest message of all?

From what I've heard though, you guys are having a real drive towards "not doing it"... which to me seems to be the safest message of all?

Well, the President might dream about that kind of thing, but teens do their own thing. Over in Europe, Method is beating his own drum to get out the message:

http://www.beatking.com/forums/index.php?showuser=32

I think it was an American study...

True, but what was the population of the study; "All teens in the United States" or "All teens on planet Earth"?

That's the question.

If it's a world-wide study, the figures make a lot more sense.

In some third-world countries, even the concept of "disease" may escape the uneducated. I can easily see this being true.

Now, if this is about U.S. teens, well, I doubt half is a valid estimate.

I don't think we'll reach half.

as soon as we had children we lost our sex drive completely..... :)

too much information! :lol: