Religious conservatives want change

Ken

BY JAKE TAPPER and AVERY MILLER

WASHINGTON, Nov. 22, 2004 — In the aftermath of the November presidential election and talk of a Bush administration mandate, some people on the right of the political spectrum believe the government has a greater responsibility to heed their views. In some cases, that means changes in the images that define the nation — including those at some of the nation's most popular parks and monuments....

Read More

Absolute bullshit. A full frontal assualt on Science by the religiously insane all thanks to "political capital". What's next, "education camps" for the "non-believers"?

I'm going to throw these fuckers into the Grand Canyon the first chance I get. I got your full frontal assualt right here.

In some cases, that means changes in the images that define the nation — including those at some of the nation's most popular parks and monuments....

Over my dead body... :read this:

those who don't believe in fairytales have an uphill batlle as 'Only about a third of Americans believe that Charles Darwin's theory of evolution is a scientific theory that has been well supported by the evidence, while just as many say that it is just one of many theories and has not been supported by the evidence. The rest say they don't know enough to say. Forty-five percent of Americans also believe that God created human beings pretty much in their present form about 10,000 years ago. A third of Americans are biblical literalists who believe that the Bible is the actual word of God and is to be taken literally, word for word....'

read more and puke

The book was written by a "born again" river guide who writes his view of the canyon's being millions of years old changed after he "met the Lord. Now, I have 'a different view' of the Canyon, which, according to a biblical time scale, can't possibly be more than about a few thousand years old."

What did he see? A burning cactus? :rolleyes:

those who don't believe in fairytales have an uphill batlle as 'Only about a third of Americans believe that Charles Darwin's theory of evolution is a scientific theory that has been well supported by the evidence, while just as many say that it is just one of many theories and has not been supported by the evidence. The rest say they don't know enough to say. Forty-five percent of Americans also believe that God created human beings pretty much in their present form about 10,000 years ago. A third of Americans are biblical literalists who believe that the Bible is the actual word of God and is to be taken literally, word for word....'

read more and puke

:blink::wacko::o :angry:

hard to believe

make no mistake...some (a lot actually) of these people want to take us back to the days of the spanish inquisition or the days of the witch hunts..they harbour a lot of anger over what they see as the liberal excesses of the 1960`s/1970`s...what worries me is that these plans don`t just include the good ol` us of a...these people want to re-arrange the whole globe and every country in it in their ultra - conservative, ultra - religious image.......... ;

make no mistake...some (a lot actually) of these people want to take us back to the days of the spanish inquisition or the days of the witch hunts..they harbour a lot of anger over what they see as the liberal excesses of the 1960`s/1970`s...

Redneck - pass me 100 rounds please

I keep tellin' you guys that everybody needs a gun or dozen but you just don't listen. You're just like my wife. Hard headed.

ammo is cheaper by the case. ;)

ok mate...i`ll take a box of solid silver dum - dums with crosses cut into the end....

International orders? :blink:

My co-workers used to call me "gunrunner" when they didn't call me redneck.  If they could see me now! :rolleyes:

i`m told that we live in a global village my friend...something that i doubt the fundamentalist flat - earthers will ever understand or acknowledge...apparently your back yard is just over the fence from my backyard...so to speak...make that a dozen boxes thanks...one may not be enough..... :evil:

post-86-1101245351.gif

Edited by kiwibank

I have to agree with Ken on this one. Except for one point.

The dead bodies would just taint the water source(s) that flow at the bottom of the canyon.

That would upset the ecosystem and possibly kill all of the creatures that had washed up there during the great flood.

:psychofun:

ps - Is "Carl" looking at gophers or conservatives? ;)