Saturday Night... Live?

ashleesimpson.jpgSaturday Night... Live?

I'm going out to let my real talent show, not to just stand there and dance around. Personally, I'd never lip-synch. It's just not me.

- Ashlee Simpson in Lucky Magazine

Saturday Night Live was not as "Live" as people expected last night. Musical Guest Ashlee Simpson poorly lip-synched her first song, and then a technical glitch or mistake led to the wrong vocal track being played for her second performance proving her fraud as she stood there confused while her recorded voice filled the airwaves . Simpson's band picked up the slack, attempting to save the show as Ashlee walked off the stage. Just a minute in (on a musical segment usually four or more minutes long) SNL pulled the plug, cutting quickly to a commercial.

Also this week it has been suggested that the vocal performance of "God Bless America" by a very talented country artist during the Major League Baseball playoffs was also pre-recorded, though having watched that game myself I am not certain that it was not just an audio delay in that case. I can say that I have attended concerts where it seemed that at least some of the performance was taped, and I routinely see performances on TV where the lip movements of the artist doesn't match the sound

Read More Here

:rotfl: :rotfl: I almost watched SNL last night.....maybe I should have..could have used a laugh!

Sometimes it is funny as heck. Last night was one of those times but I missed it, too.

Thanks for the link Method. It is a classic! :D

Simpson Dad Blames Acid Reflux for Gaffe

NEW YORK - If Ashlee Simpson (news)'s stomach was upset Saturday night, imagine how she's feeling now. Busted for a "Saturday Night Live" lip-synch gone awry, her manager-father said Monday his 19-year-old daughter used the extra help because acid reflux disease had made her voice hoarse.

"Just like any artist in America, she has a backing track that she pushes so you don't have to hear her croak through a song on national television," Joe Simpson told Ryan Seacrest on Los Angeles radio station KIIS-FM. "No one wants to hear that."

He insisted it would be Ashlee's live voice alone during her appearance on NBC's "Radio Music Awards" Monday night.

Read entire story here.

Yeah I saw that Saturday night. At first I was like Wow she's really sounding good and then I heard the audio stuff. I was very disappointed. I can't believe she blamed it on the band when it was obvious at the moment you heard her voice her lips weren't moving.