Christopher Reeve Tribute

Cerebral_Assassin

I think that's a common thing with celebs picking their charities though. There was something on NPR about this a while back. When charities go to recruit celebrities they tend to be more successful with those that have been personally touched (wither themselves or thier family and/or friends) by that cause. Some causes have a lot of support in the celebrity community because they are more common than others. The less common ones sometimes get swept under the rug until they get more publicity by happened to someone visible in the media. It tends to be human nature even though there will always be exceptions

As a person that always kept the hope of recovery alive and fought every inch of the way I have to admire Christopher Reeves. He was the real Man of Steel. Also if the foundation he set up for finding a cure does eventually succeed the honor should be given to him anyway. I can't reallly fault him for wanting to benefit from that cure himself too. That is very human to thing to want.

It's easy to criticize, but 'On the Other Hand" what the hell has Reeve's critic ever done to help anyone and who is he anyway? I for one like people who are able to transform. Reeve's was courageous and a humanitarian in the end despite his disability.

May I add that the whole point of the Maddox site is to antagonize....

He lives for that stuff. It's what gives his site content. Here are 3 steps he uses:

Step 1 - Verbally tear something/someone to shreds (sometimes including MS-Paint graphics).

Step 2 - Wait for passionate, emotional and/or inflammatory responses via e-mail.

Step 3 - Tear the responders to shreds, and it usually involves them being a “pussy”, a “moron” or an “idiot”. Occasionally, he baits a “racist”, but not as often.

These 3 easy steps were the key to creating a site with millions of visitors apparently. The reason it usually works is because he makes it work. He has excellent control of the English language when it comes to insults (good timing, unexpected change of pace, sarcasm, etc..).