Concert For George DVD Date Announced

Clapton.jpgThe Concert for George, which marked the first anniversary of the death of George Harrison on November 29, will be released on DVD for the second anniversary.

The tribute at the Royal Albert Hall in London featured a cast of Harrison's superstar friends including former Beatles Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, Eric Clapton, Tom Petty, Billy Preston, Jools Holland and ELO's Jeff Lynne.

"George kept up a relationship with everybody on that stage like old friends, old pals on stage, hanging out in rehearsals and back stage with everybody. It was a great way of getting closure, because we all had our stories and our memories and our laughter and our sad points of view, and it was just so great to be around all these people for me, that you could laugh and cry about, you know different moments in our life that George had touched," said Ringo Starr.

http://www.undercover.com.au/news/2003/20030910_georgeharris

:unsure: Okay, I am confused....is this DVD being re-released or what? I have 'A Concert for George' on DVD already, a two disc set. Is the one I have the same thing? The link would not open for me, so I am not sure. Mine has all the same people and everything......it is a good DVD btw. Disc 1 has the concert and disc 2 has the theatrical version with additional material. :wha':

Good Ol George...

I've had All Things Must Pass for a couple of years now.... still haven't listened to it ... tsk tsk

Yes, I do the same. :bigsmile:

I collect concerts and than never watch them!

:rolleyes:

They say that 'collecting' replaces the hunting instinct men seems to have (and women as well - so it appears)

:wacko:

Good Ol George...

I've had All Things Must Pass for a couple of years now.... still haven't listened to it ... tsk tsk

Yes, I do the same. :bigsmile:

I collect concerts and than never watch them!

:rolleyes:

They say that 'collecting' replaces the hunting instinct men seems to have (and women as well - so it appears)

:wacko:

I feel better. I am thinking that I am not alone in the "collect more than I listen too" catagory. :)

:unsure: Okay, I am confused....is this DVD being re-released or what? I have 'A Concert for George' on DVD already, a two disc set. Is the one I have the same thing?

Probably. The article said the DVD was being released on the second anniversary of the concert, but it was unclear that it had been released before.