50 CENT Booed Offstage

Shawn

50cent.jpg50 CENT was dramatically booed off stage tonight at the CARLING WEEKEND: READING festival (August 29).

The rapper was pelted with a shower of plastic bottles from the angry crowd, and even had a camping chair thrown at him, forcing the star to walk off after just twenty five minutes of his Main Stage set.

50 and his G-Unit crew were hit by a rain of bottles as they came onstage, and they even started to pick up the missiles and hurl them back towards the front rows.

Read the rest of the article at New Musical Express

What ever happend to vegetables and fruit?

They're provincial to California along with the rest of the saying... :bigsmile:

Just cus 50 doesnt play rock doesnt mean that the crowd have to boo him off stage, as far as i can see the crowds should open their minds up to new forms of music.

They shouldn't assualt him, but they have the free speech right to "boo".

Also, if you're going to tell someone to open their minds to new music, you must understand....

A. You might just be making an assumption that they haven't "given it a try" or "heard it before".

B. Don't be a hypocrite. Have you opened your mind to EVERY form of music in known existence? Do you like them all? Should you have to like them all? No, of course not.

I've heard enough Rap/Hip-Hop/R&B/ and Trance/House/Electronic music to know that for me to contiune to listen would only give me heachaches and no enjoyment. Lots of "country" music gives me the same feeling as well as various other stuff. Some types of music i'm simply indifferent to.

We all have likes, dislikes and grey areas. We all voice our opinions (and some of us violate others by throwing things); that's the nature of the beast.

Get used to it.

Aye, but it's not like he tripped the proper performer and rushed on in their place.

And I don't remember anyone mentioning he did.

If you're looking for a reason to state that their reaction wasn't justified, then you're wasting your time.

Who says the "boos" were "rational"? Justification is irrelevant.

They don't have to be rational, this is music and emotion we're talking about. And remember, this is a concert crowd (and a mostly "rock" crowd at that), not a meeting of the Mr. Rogers fan club. I have no doubt alcohol was involved at least somewhat.

So in the end, someone should tell $0.50 to......

A. File suit if he wants

B. Wipe his tears with a tissue

C. Move on

I've heard enough Rap/Hip-Hop/R&B/ and Trance/House/Electronic music to know that for me to contiune to listen would only give me heachaches and no enjoyment. Lots of "country" music gives me the same feeling as well as various other stuff. Some types of music i'm simply indifferent to.

Ditto.