Ozzy Places Bush Alongside Hitler

ozzyosbourne.jpgOzzy Osbourne has as a critic of the Bush administration. Osbourne is using Ozzfest as his podium to promote the dangers of Bush and Co.

On the current tour with Black Sabbath, Bush is portrayed on a screen in a wanted poster next to a young Adolf Hitler. Black Sabbath use the imagery as they play the appropriate 'War Pigs'.

During the song, another image has another image of Bush with a big red clown nose and the words 'White House Circus' below him.

The Black Sabbath set at Ozzfest is all classics. They are performing:

War Pigs

NIB

Fairies Wear Boots

Into the Void

Black Sabbath

Sweet Leaf

Snowblind

Iron Man

Children of the Grave

Paranoid

-Undercover Media-

Hitler invaded almost all of Europe for no reason at all.

Hitler ordered the the imprisonment and death of MILLIONS in a horrific manner.

There are very very few paralells between Bush and Hitler.

That comparison is more extremism than anything. It's a bit over the top. Even I, who will not be voting for Bush, can see that.

Lets not get carried away here. Bush is corrupt, and has done some bad things, but nowhere near Hitler.

There are very very few paralells between Bush and Hitler.

That comparison is more extremism than anything.  It's a bit over the top.  Even I, who will not be voting for Bush, can see that.

Lets not get carried away here.  Bush is corrupt, and has done some bad things, but nowhere near Hitler.

my sentiments exactly, I will not be voting for Bush either (and I live in Texas :lol: ) but there is no comparison there

I'm with Ken and Moonglow.

In a sense, I can only see it as cheapening the experience of Jews and Roma by comparing the two.

I agree with the above sentiments, Bush is not Hitler. But there is an eerie religious connection that is not apparent. Bush, like the Islamic extremists he is at war with, is motivated by a religious calling. If there is any creedence to the book The Spear of Destiny, Hitler was also motivated by the power of religion, both its light and dark sides, and sent emmisaries to Tibet and India to empower himself. Any time religion plays a role in a power play such as Iraq, you can be sure that trouble will follow. In fact, religion and war have accompanied each other since mankind began his spiritual search.

Bush, like the Muslim extremists he is at war with

I agree with most of your thought, but aside from the intangible "war on terror", I wonder where these Muslim extremists are. He's got a few wars on the burner, but not with Muslim extremists.

He's got a few wars on the burner, but not with Muslim extremists.

I meant Islamic and corrected my statement above. Would you agree with that, Shawn?

I'm not actually dick enough to quibble over the proper use of Muslim/Islamic. I actually meant that Hussein was never a religious fanatic. He actually butchered mass numbers of them and drove others into exile because he felt they threatened his shite. (No pun with Shi'ite - Shite intended)

Afghanistan? The Taliban wasn't hyper on religious fanaticism. The country lived under Islamic law, but whether that was fanatic is debatable.

Bin Laden is an extremist, but hasn't been on the front burner for a long time.

While there are certainly alot of complex issues at play: oil; imperialism, etc., I dont hink you could argue that there is an undercurrent of religioius warfare across the middle east, and I would include the Taliban, as well as the US

Any time religion plays a role in a power play such as Iraq, you can be sure that trouble will follow. In fact, religion and war have accompanied each other since mankind began his spiritual search.

Absolutely. Extreme religion in almost all it's formats wants to hold control by removing freedom of choice, and with that righteous notion as a precept, it's easy to justify any atrocities committed to enforce religious control. War's too are fought to gain control, not to give freedom. In this llight, religion and politics are largely the same thing.

:) The way it seems to me and I really apoligize if this all sounds so simple minded :) but is this not a continuation of The Crusades from so long ago.

And hasn't this been going on in one form or another for as long?

:) The way it seems to me and I really apoligize if this all sounds so simple minded :) but is this not a continuation of The Crusades from so long ago.

And hasn't this been going on in one form or another for as long?

Yep - and its about power and control...

On a douche bag scale as far as such things as violence, genocide, brutal killings for other purposes, corruption of many forms, etc, here is my assessment.

From 1 - 10, 10 being the worst, 1 being a fluffy kitten.......

Bush and company are a 4

Extremists are a 10

Hitler was a 10

Bush hasn't beheaded anyone yet, or ordered it yet. Bush hasn't rounded up an ethnic group (simply because of ethnicity) and put them in death camps or out right had them killed yet. Perhaps Bush is owned by criminal corruption, but at the very least, it isn't hopelessly obvious or on a mass scale.

Bush doesn't measure up to some of the cold blooded killers mentioned. To be a politician in the U.S., you at the very least can't be someone like Hitler.

It isn't that bad in the U.S. yet. Not by a long shot.

P.S. – Please don’t tell me fluffy kitten have resorted to genocide and beheading. My fragile state of mind couldn’t process that.