DC++ v0.403

Ken

I wouldn't worry.

News goes over better here at BeatKing.

Usually, people don't even respond to program release threads, as most of them don't use P2P enough to really comment, or they are set in their ways of filesharing.

BeatKing is a very stable and friendly place. You wont see.....

"THIS SUCKS, lol ,wtf?!?111oneoneone.., FuCKing idiOT!!!!!"

I'll wait for more feedback on this release. I love DC, but I'm wary of the comments so far...

I'm pretty happy with the last release - with hashing involved, does that mean there's multiple user download capability now? (and also ways for fakes to leak in?)

I hope this goes over better here than it does when I post it at ZP. I either hear that they don't want to use an unstable release or they don't like the 4.x hashing.

people not liking a program or features of a program shouldn't really matter to the guy submitting a news release

if you aren't the guy who writes the program, who cares what people say about it?

it's too bad about the guys at DC++ though--the programmers have their agenda, and the end users can take it or leave it in their eyes (i left it)

people not liking a program or features of a program shouldn't really matter to the guy submitting a news release

if you aren't the guy who writes the program, who cares what people say about it?

it's too bad about the guys at DC++ though--the programmers have their agenda, and the end users can take it or leave it in their eyes (i left it)

I take the time to post it so people can use it. Not so that they can tell me every reason it should not have been posted.

People who cry about the hashing I can deal with, I won't even say get a computer better suited to handle it. People who cry about it being unstable had best not make the claim to being an advanced user or a real file sharer in my opinion. How is it ever supposed to get tested and become better if people run off instead of sitting down and trying it?

in the land of huge shares, does it make sense to put in something to punish the people with the big shares, in order to introduce swarming so that dc can have the queue mess of edonkey or winx? (and who wants swarming in dc? not the regulars, just the johnny come lately lamers)

lots of people have networked shares in dc, especially the big sharers, and for those people, hashing completely fucks their system, no matter how fast and new it is (and for what advantage? nobody has the same files anyway, so you have 500 hashes, and no multisource on every file you wasted the time hashing)

if you want swarming and new releases, use BT--that's what it's good for--if you want rare stuff you won't find on BT or other p2ps, use dc

You speak as if I am some kind of noob. You didn't take into account the fact that some of us are on hubs where we all tend to download the same things and this would be of a great advantage. If one person gets something, by the next day everyone has it.

I personally have used DC since the beginning and my main two hubs both revolve around my college as of right now. The first is i2hub and the second is a private college hub that we have. Currently I share over 200 gigs in there, which I realize isn't a lot these days, but it's what I have.

Now I use DC for rare stuff just like you and I agree that hashing something that only you and maybe one other guy may have doesn't make sense at all. I can tell you though, if you see hundreds at the i2hub, who are afraid to use anything else, rushing for a new file and everyone downloading the same thing for the next few days. Say for example a new movie, then the need for swarming comes in.

I realize all of the disadvantages and that the world would be better off without it, but they have it implemented and I don't like to fall behind. I could see it being useless for say someone who had 250 gigs of music that no one had ever heard of, but what about being on a college hub where everyone has the same files?