Top 10 Bands Live

oh yeah kiwi, I saw that alice cooper concert too, that's the one with the guillotine right? where he chopped his head off, lol  I thought it was Billion Dollar Babies, maybe I was wrong.

Australian Nightmare tour 1977

* Dick Wagner- guitar

* Bob Kulick - Guitar

* Prakash John - bass

* Penti 'Whitey' Glan - drums

* Mark Stein - Keyboards

The setlist was similar to the 'Welcome To My Nightmare' tour but there were differences. For one, they included 'I Never Cry'.

In 1975, Alice had been scheduled to tour Australia but canceled When he returned the following year he was arrested due to a dispute with the previous promoter.

Time - 7th April 1975

"I am not going to allow a degenerate who could powerfully influence the young and weak-minded to enter this country and stage this sort of exhibition here." declared Australian Labor and Immigration Minister Clyde Cameron after banning a tour Down Under by eye-shadowed Vaude-Rocker Alice Cooper. "Isn't it crazy?" said Alice. "People still think I kill chickens on-stage." Alice's defense of his props is somewhat cobwebbed too: "I have never done anything nearly as bloody as King Lear or Macbeth, and that's considered required reading in every high school in America."

Tour dates :

March 14-15th `77 Perth Entertanment Centre

March 18th `77 Adelaide Westlakes Football Stadium

March 21-24th `77 Melbourne Festival Hall

March 26th `77 Sydney Showground

March 29-30th `77 Brisbane Festival Hall

April 4th `77 Auckland Western Springs Stadium.......this is the one that i was at...it was at nite and it featured the huge black widow spider...i think the " billion dollar babies " tour was the one with the guillotine......

post-53-1089170138.jpg

Edited by kiwibank

:strumma: not in any particular order....

Pink Floyd (1)

Pink Floyd (2)

Dave Matthews Band

Rush

Janis Joplin ( at Gonzales Speedway in Louisiana in 1969, was really little, my parents took me along, but I can still hear her voice :bigsmile: )

BB King and Buddy Guy in 2001

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

ELO

Eric Clapton

Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band (era 1986)

Stevie Ray Vaughn

The Eagles (1994)

U2

Phish

Greatful Dead

and........Jimmy Buffett....

and if I had some more time I could probably think of some more :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The best live shows I have seen (or worked) are.....not in any real order...

Shows I have been too...

PAUL McCARTNEY

ROGER WATERS

THE MOODY BLUES

PINK FLOYD (without Waters)

ERIC CLAPTON

REO SPEEDWAGON

TOM PETTY

PETER GABRIEL

PHIL COLLINS

RUSH

DEF LEPPARD

ROD STEWART

TESLA

WHITESNAKE

ROBERT PLANT

PLANT/PAGE

RINGO STARR

SCORPIONS

I could go on for awhile.....I have seen (worked) too many shows to remember them all.....they all start to meld together.....

Queen

Chicago

Rush

Jethro Tull

Jefferson Starship

Genesis

Heart

Stevie Nicks

Uriah Heep

Steve Miller Band

Out of these, I'd have to say that Chicago was the best. Saw them 3 times. Their recordings don't even come close to their live performances!!

:strumma: