Greece to the semi finals!

method77

That's hot! Glad our guys are woop-in ass. I wish I could have seen some of the games. :( I am die-hard soccer fan.. I played at Berry College 2000-2002...sure did hate to miss it. :( I hope Greece takes it all the way! :frog:

Dutchonline's turn to be happy. Although winning on Penalties? It's not really winning. (No sour grapes, honest!)

Robben keeps his cool

Holland match-winner Arjen Robben said he felt no nerves as he stepped up for the penalty that secured his side a shoot-out victory over Sweden.

Robben's spot-kick earned a 5-4 win on penalties after the game had ended 0-0.

"It was the biggest moment of my life because it's such a big tournament, but I wasn't really afraid, I was quite confident," said Robben.

"I thought 'now I'm going to score'. It was very exciting and finally we won and now it'll be one big party."

The match itself was a frustrating affair, but Robben believes Holland deserved their triumph after four successive penalty shoot-out defeats in major tournaments.

He added: "Finally we win on penalties. We fought until the end and stayed positive and we've earned this victory.

"I must pay a big compliment to goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar, it was a fantastic save from Olof Mellberg in the shoot-out.

"Now we play Portugal and we don't fear them, why should we? We are growing and must be confident."

I didn't get the chance to watch the whole game but I like both teams. Holland are a team full of great talents but Sweden played some good football. From what I heard, the game wasn't anything special and the dutch won in the penalty shootout. Good for them and best of luck. Tomorrow we'll find out what our opponents would be but Denmark and Chech Republic are both very good teams so it doesn't matter who wins.

ok ok... the Chechs are a bit better so i'll be cheering for the Danish hehe

I'm not wondering about Kluivert but I'm wondering about McKay (spelling?). Advocaat has so many talented forwards yet he plays with only one and it's always Van Nisterloy. :wha':

england would have beat france if it wasnt for fuck faced heskey..

France was very lucky against England. They scored in injury time two goals from a foul and a penalty. Shit like that happens in football. Just remember Man Utd - Bayern a few years ago in the CL final.

IMO it was Becham's missed penalty that changed the result. It would be over then

I'm not wondering about Kluivert but I'm wondering about McKay (spelling?). Advocaat has so many talented forwards yet he plays with only one and it's always Van Nisterloy.  :wha':

yer, i think maybe they should play a 3-3-4

with kluivert, van nistelrooij, makaay

robben, seedorf , davids

heitinga, bouma, stam, de boer

van der sar

:wub: that would be 1337

Edited by cube

I agree except DeBoer. That player is way overated. I don't know if you watched the game Olympiakos - Galatasaray 3-0. After that game and the last year he had, I would never call him to the national team again

I agree except DeBoer. That player is way overated. I don't know if you watched the game Olympiakos - Galatasaray 3-0. After that game and the last year he had, I would never call him to the national team again

theres no one else to play that position tho

or at least i cant think of one

or they maybe should play a 3-4-3 with van hooijdonk on the right wing :)