Michael Jackson Cleared Of Early Charges

Jackson.jpg:o

The Los Angeles Police Department has officially cleared Michael Jackson of further child molestation allegations.

The LAPD Juvenile concluded that there was no evidence to support the allegations from a person who claimed Jackson molested him in the 80s. According to the LAPD, no crime occurred and no charges will be sought.

At Michael Jackson's official news site it says "Michael Jackson has always maintained his innocence against these false and malicious allegations from individuals seeking to capitalize on his current legal situation. He thanks the LAPD for their thorough investigation and for clearing him of these false charges".

These allegations have nothing to do with the current case in Santa Barbara County. Jackson will still face trial on September 13. He has pleaded innocent to the charges of child molestation, extortion and conspiracy to false imprisonment.

-Undercover Media-

I hope that if he's found innocent he's cleared of all these charges. If he's found guilty I hope they lock his ass up.

I think the charges are bogus this time around - lots of people going after his ass for publicity and money.

I'm not in a position to say anything.

None of us have all the evidence or facts, so saying one way or the other could be considered wanting an innocent man in jail, or a guilty man set free.

I say, let's all wait until a verdict is reached.

I honestly think he's innocent, at least this time around. He was funding this kid's medical bills or something, and he stopped... then there was a lawsuit. Amazing timing.

Michael Jackson a Flight Risk?

June 15, 2004

A decision was handed down and announced by the judge in the Michael Jackson child molestation case this week (6/14) in Santa Barbara County that the King of Pop's bail will remain at $3 million. Jackson's attorneys tried to argue that it was excessive, while Judge Rodney S. Melville maintained that the amount was fitting for the case, even though he admitted that it was "in excess of the usual" amount, which is close to $435,000 for felony charges of the nature Jackson faces. The judge wrote in court papers that the bail obviously wasn't too steep for the 45-year-old Grammy winner, since Jackson had posted that amount on two separate occasions. Prosecutors argued against reducing Jackson's bail, saying that "Michael Jackson, international celebrity" was an "adored" figure in "Europe, the Near East and Africa" in addition to some countries which do not have "extradition treaties with the United States" – in other words, he is a flight risk. The judge agreed, ruling that "a cognizable financial incentive" was needed to encourage Jackson to show up in court on Sept 13 for his next hearing.

Virgin Mega

These types of cases are sometimes difficult to prove. Especially when the "new" accuser says it happened in the 80's. How are you going to prove or disprove that? I am glad I am not on the jury 4sure.