Volunteer for America

jorma.jpgWill Grace Slick be his running mate? Former Jefferson Airplane guitarist Jorma Kaukonen has announced that he is running for president. While he admits that the bid is "to be considered for entertainment purposes only," Kaukonen has announced a nonviolent, anti-hatred and pro-compassion platform with a foreign policy founded on the need for "visual peace".

http://jormaforpresident.com/

http://www.y-103.com/

Edited by Shawn

Visual peace you say? Maybe one of you could answer a quick question.

Clearly, when Redneck reads this he'll more than likely determine to put some bullets in the guy. Here is my question.

Do you have to be a serious contender for the secret service to cover you? I know they'll be protecting guys like Kerry, Bush and Nader, but do I have an honest shot at seeing Redneck run down the street with no shirt on Cops?

Im not sure at what point the Secret Service begins protecting candidates, but I do know that when Bobby Kennedy won California in his quest of the Democratic nomination in 68, he did not have any protection. So my guess, is only the main candidates are protected...

Volunteers for America was one of the Airplane's best songs and was the title piece of one of their albums in 1969...

Look what's happening out in the streets

Got a revolution Got to revolution

Hey I'm dancing down the streets

Ain't it amazing all the people I meet

One generation got old

One generation got soul

This generation got no destination to hold

Pick up the cry

Hey now it's time for you and me

Come on now we're marching to the sea

Who will take it from you

We will and who are we

We are volunteers of America

post-23-1086345553.jpg

I'd vote for him.

Just kidding.

so would i....an excellent musican and an american rock icon...might make a good president. he could pick jack casady as his running mate and they could call it the " jorma and jack show "...this would tie in with their current tour schedule and would, therefore, be very good business and a great way to raise campaign funds as well........

All shows are Jorma & Jack, The Original Acoustic Hot Tuna

post-23-1086328829.jpg

Edited by kiwibank

when Bobby Kennedy won California in his quest of the Democratic nomination in 68, he did not have any protection.   So my guess, is only the main candidates are protected...

Or the candidates they would like to see live long enough to run in November.

I'd vote for Jorma. He is not only an awe-inspiring acoustic guitar genius but he also likes to ride vintage Harley-Davidson's. A friend I used to be a band with met him when Jorma played in Providence a few years ago and the two go riding together when they both have the time--a regular guy Jorma is, not like either of the rich boys running for the two main parties.

The Greens should adopt Jorma, since Nader bailed on them. And alternatingFU Ralph Nader while we're at it. At least there's something Redneck and I might agree on!

Edited by CTC Command