Moore Says He Has Footage Of Berg Interview

method77

Michael Moore says he has obtained 20 minutes worth of footage where Nick Berg is interviewed by the people who captured him. He says the footage was not put in the beheading video they released on the internet.

Moore says: We are not releasing it to the media. It is not in the film. "We are dealing privately with the family." Neither Moore nor his representatives would describe the nature or contents of the interview with Berg, who held staunch pro-war views.

Source

Moore says: We are not releasing it to the media. It is not in the film. We are dealing privately with the family." Neither Moore nor his representatives would describe the nature or contents of the interview with Berg, who held staunch pro-war views.

Wow, this is incredible.

For once, I actually have to agree with Moore.

His decision not to release the footage to the media or the film was a great one :good job:

after seen most of his movies and read one of his books I've come to the conclusion that he only harasses politicians and big coorporations. He wouldn't do such a thing like releasing it to the public except if the family asked him too which I really doubt.

I'm not surprised.

I find it hard to believe that Moore gives a shit. He may be facing lawsuits and that is what is holding him back. Maybe Miramax has put a damper on him, as in "rock the boat and you are done." I dunno.

I find it hard to believe that Moore gives a shit. He may be facing lawsuits and that is what is holding him back. Maybe Miramax has put a damper on him, as in "rock the boat and you are done." I dunno.

Mirimax has no bearing in the matter - the film was already made. What make you think he has to have an angle to be respectful?

What I was saying was that Miramax has asked him to not do anything controversial. If he becomes a liability, they may not finance anymore of his productions. I am not saying they had anything to do with the Berg film as in helping him acquire it or anything.

Well, he's sure no angel  :bigsmile:

What about the assault of the national press which delivers a two year day in and day out look on Clinton, complete with the explicit details of his extramarital affair. Let's face it, they are pretty much all muckrakers when it comes to commerce. There are few angels to look up to in the media news business these days...they all exploit... The National Enquirer has become the paper of record...

If he becomes a liability, they may not finance anymore of his productions.
trust me. There are many studios that would give a lot of money to publish his stuff. I don't think Miramax had anything to do with him not releasing it.

trust me. There are many studios that would give a lot of money to publish his stuff.

:good job: Spoken like a true Tinsel Town exec. Harvey Weinstein would grab the publicity if he thought he could milk it

I meant to say "Miramax may have asked". I dunno. I understand that some other film makers may be glad to pick him up. Disney pulled the plug and Miramax may not want to rock the boat. That's all I was saying. He may also have some liability issues as to privacy. I don't know. All I was saying is that I, in my personal opinion, don't think he is keeping anything out of the kindness of his heart. He may be trying to get the family to contribute some commentary or other pics and video they may have of him from months or yrs ago. He may still use that film in the very near future. who knows.

All I was saying is that I, in my personal opinion, don't think he is keeping anything out of the kindness of his heart.

I understand what you are saying and I disagree...

I understand what you are saying and I disagree...

Remember, I make allowances for you cause you live in Californee but don't push it! I can have your name removed from the "Liberals to not be terminated list"!!

:bigsmile:

He may be trying to get the family to contribute some commentary or other pics and video they may have of him from months or yrs ago. He may still use that film in the very near future. who knows.

Baseless claim. You don't know his motives, and I believe you called them into question just because of your political affiliation.

Do you let partisanship do all your thinking? You should try having an independent thought for once.

For the record, I find Moore bias and repulsive; a true detriment to the truth at times. I don’t, however, find reasons to attack everything he does, just because I don't agree with him in other instances. Doing so is not expressing an opinion, that's blurting rhetoric.

I said very plainly that I didn't know but IN MY OPINION he may have reasons other than the kindness of his heart. I stand by that. I agree that he is a detriment to the truth. I have not seen anything to indicate to me that he has any compassion for anyone.

I have heard he doesnt treat his employees well - but that could just be bad gossip. The man is an academy award winner, and his film on GM and Flint, Michigan is a classic in my opinion.

after seen most of his movies and read one of his books I've come to the conclusion that he only harasses politicians and big coorporations.

in my political naiveté i feel MM speaks for me. and no matter who does what, they'll always be detractors...what they say about MM totally doesn't faze me a bit cause at the very least, he's raising good questions IMO.

Michael Moore says he has obtained 20 minutes worth of footage where Nick Berg is interviewed by the people who captured him. He says the footage was not put in the beheading video they released on the internet.

Moore says: We are not releasing it to the media. It is not in the film. "We are dealing privately with the family." Neither Moore nor his representatives would describe the nature or contents of the interview with Berg, who held staunch pro-war views.

Source

it seems that the berg video may turn out to have been a fraud.....moore and the berg family are obviously now aware of this fact

"Today new pictures were released of prison torture at Abu Ghraib prison. But not just still pictures. Today video was released showing prisoners being tortured by Americans. Apparently Kodak film experts at Kodak Park in Rochester New York have compared the digital watermarks of the turture video and the beheading video and have determined that one of the cameras used in the Nick Berg beheading is THE SAME CAMERA that took the prison torture video."

http://vancouver.indymedia.org/news/2004/05/136833.php

http://aztlan.net/berg_abu_ghraib_video.htm

http://www.theangrytruth.com/postview_2564.asp

http://prisonplanet.tv/articles/may2004/05...lwatermarks.htm

http://www.prisonplanet.tv/articles/may200...suscivilian.htm

Maybe I'm dense. This is to say America faked the video to respark outrage toward Muslims/Iraq?

Maybe I'm dense. This is to say America faked the video to respark outrage toward Muslims/Iraq?

that, apparently, is what they are trying to say....i don`t know what the kodak technicians are trying to say....draw your own conclusions.....it`s a battle for " hearts and minds ".