Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Fest • 6/4-6/6

DALLAS, TX--(MARKET WIRE)--May 27, 2004 -- Eric Clapton today announced an updated event schedule for the spectacular three-day Crossroads Guitar Festival, an SBC Presentation, June 4-6, 2004, at Fair Park and Cotton Bowl Stadium. The event will include continual concerts and once-in-a-lifetime guitar clinics by the world's leading artists.

The weekend will feature the Guitar Center Village including a display of guitars donated from Eric Clapton & Friends' personal collections for the forthcoming June 24 Christie's auction with proceeds benefiting the Crossroads Centre, the Hard Rock Café's "50 years of American Rock and Roll" display, interactive booths from leading guitar manufacturers, and the "buy-sell-trade" Vintage Showcase. The weekend includes concerts and clinics -- schedule below:

CROSSROADS GUITAR FESTIVAL CONCERTS

AND CLINICS, AN SBC PRESENTATION

TALENT LINE-UP

Friday, June 4, the Guitar Center Village, located on the grounds of Fair

Park, will open to the public at 4:00pm. Guitar clinics and concert

performances follow:

4:00pm Fairgrounds Open to the Public Including Clinics and Live Performances

4:30pm - 5:30pm Paul Reed Smith clinic at the Sirius Stage

5:45pm - 6:45pm Chris Poland's OHM clinic at the Sirius Stage

7:00pm - 8:00pm Acoustic clinic with Doyle Dykes, Pete Huttlinger, Laurence Juber and guests at the Ernie Ball stage

8:00pm - 9:00pm Blues clinic with Honey Boy Edwards, Robert Jr. Lockwood and Duke Robillard at the Sirius Stage

Saturday, June 5, the Guitar Center Village will open to the public at

10:00am. The day's events include guitar clinics and live performances

on the fairgrounds:

10:00am FAIRGROUNDS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

10:00am - 11:00am Jay Gordan at the Ernie Ball Stage

11:00am - 12:00pm Tommy Shaw, James Young and guests at the Guitar Center Village Main Stage

11:30am - 12:30pm Slide Guitar Clinic with Luther Tatum at the Ernie Ball Stage

12:00pm - 1:30pm Shredders clinic with Nuno Bettencourt, George Lynch and Tony Franklin at the Guitar Center Village Main Stage

1:30pm - 2:00pm Del Castillo at the Guitar Center Village Main Stage

1:30pm - 2:00pm Nishat Khan at the Ernie Ball Stage

2:00pm - 3:00pm Memento at the Sirius Stage

2:30pm - 4:00pm Guitarmageddon at the Guitar Center Village Main Stage

3:00pm - 4:30pm Guitar Pull with Buck Page, Norm Stephens, Sonny Curtis and Ramblin' Jack Elliot at the Ernie Ball Stage

4:00pm - 4:30pm Jonny Lang at the Guitar Center Village Main Stage

4:30pm - 5:30pm Fender presents Roscoe Beck, Greg Koch, and John Calarco featuring Mike Cross at the Guitar Center Village Main Stage

5:30pm - 6:30pm Jeff "Skunk" Baxter clinic at the Sirius Stage

5:30pm - 6:00pm Eric Johnson at the Guitar Center Village Main Stage

6:00pm - 6:30pm Vishwa Mohan Bhatt at the Guitar Center Village Main Stage

6:30pm - 7:00pm Dan Tyminski at the Guitar Center Village Main Stage

7:00pm - 7:30pm Doyle Bramhall II at the Guitar Center Village Main Stage

7:30pm - 8:00pm J.J. Cale at the Guitar Center Village Main Stage

8:00pm - 8:30pm John Mayer at the Guitar Center Village Main Stage

8:30pm - 9:00pm Robert Randolph at the Guitar Center Village Main Stage

9:00pm - 10:30pm All Star Blues Jam hosted by Eric Clapton with Buddy Guy, Robert Cray, Robert Randolph and Jimmie Vaughan at the Guitar Center Village Main Stage

Sunday, June 6, the Guitar Center Village will open to the public at

10:00am and remain open through the remainder of the day, followed that

afternoon by the spectacular culmination of the festival with an 11-hour

concert at the Cotton Bowl:

10:00am FAIRGROUNDS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

11:00am - 12:00pm Johnny A at the Ernie Ball Stage

12:30pm - 2:00pm Pickers' Corner with Marty Stuart, James Burton, Doyle Dykes and guests at the Sirius stage

2:30pm - 3:30pm Fender Presents Roscoe Beck, Greg Koch and John Calarco Clinic at the Sirius Stage

3:30pm - 4:30pm Marc Seal Clinic at the Ernie Ball Stage

5:00pm - 6:00pm Gman Clinic at the Ernie Ball Stage

11:50am COTTON BOWL CONCERT BEGINS

11:50am Neal Schon

12:10pm Steve Vai and his band

12:30pm Sonny Landreth

1:00pm Larry Carlton and his Band

1:30pm Pat Metheny Trio

2:00pm John McLaughlin

2:30pm Robert Cray Band

3:00pm Jimmie Vaughan

3:20pm Hubert Sumlin with guest vocalist David Johansen

3:40pm Booker T and the MGs

3:50pm Bo Diddley

4:00pm David Hidalgo

4:30pm Joe Walsh

5:00pm Vince Gill with Jerry Douglas

5:30pm James Taylor and his band

6:00pm Buddy Guy with Tilt-a-Whirl

6:30pm B.B. King with Tilt-a-Whirl

7:00pm Carlos Santana

8:00pm Eric Clapton

9:20pm Jeff Beck with Eric Clapton

9:45pm ZZ Top

10:30pm Finale with ZZ Top, Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton

Source

This looks pretty hot - JJ Cale, Johnny Lang, Joe Walsh, John Mayer, Buddy Guy, Pat Metheny, BBKing, Carlos Santana, and Jeff Beck playing with Eric Clapton..maybe we should try to put together a BK weekend.

Anyone interested?

Maybe we can use BF's house as a crash pad... :D Umma, I think we are talking next week... how long will it take you to pack?

maybe we should try to put together a BK weekend.

Anyone interested?

Hot indeed! I'm down.... Still no word from BF? :( Maybe we'll all have to chip in to get a big honeymoon sweet... we can all drink margaritas in one of those heart shaped jacuzzis... and "get to know" one another. :wub:

:lol: Seriously, thats one hell of a lineup - Id be game for going - seriously. Any one else

wanna check it out this weekend????

• 1 month later...

I wanted to go to that!! It was my birthday weekend (6/5), but I couldn't afford to go and I had to work that weekend anyway. (I only live 4 hours away!!!) :(

I would have loved to have seen Eric Clapton & Jeff Beck again. And of course all of the other greats.

Another reason I wanted to go was because of Doyle Bramhall ll, the first time I saw him was with Roger Waters in 2000. I have also seen him a few times where I work, The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, Houston (Woodlands) TX. And the one time I have seen Eric live, Doyle and his band opened for him.

TTFN :)

• 4 months later...

Catch a 2 hour broadcast of performances from this festival this week on your local PBS affiliate. It may be on other times during the next couple of weeks as well....fund-raising time, you know. I'm watching it right now. Sure looks like a scorcher there in June, both weather-wise and guitar-wise.

" 12:00pm - 1:30pm Shredders clinic with Nuno Bettencourt, George Lynch and Tony Franklin at the Guitar Center Village Main Stage "......i`d jump on the plane for that alone........ :strumma: :strumma: :strumma: