For a Conservative

desdemona

AMERICA IN RED AND BLUE : Living in a Red World

For a Conservative, Life Is Sweet in Sugar Land, Tex.

By David Finkel

Washington Post Staff Writer

Monday, April 26, 2004; Page A01

Second of three articles

SUGAR LAND, Tex. -- This is the home of Britton Stein, who describes George W. Bush as "a man, a man's man, a manly man," and Al Gore as "a ranting and raving little whiny baby."

Forty-nine years old, Stein is a husband, a father, a landscaper and a Republican. He lives in a house that has six guns in the closets and 21 crosses in the main hallway. His wife cuts his hair with electric clippers. His three daughters aren't embarrassed when he kisses them on their cheeks. He loves his family, hamburgers and his dog. He believes in God, prays daily and goes to church weekly. He has a jumbo smoker in his back yard and a 40-foot tree he has climbed to hang Christmas lights. He has a pickup truck that he has filled with water for the Fourth of July parade, driving splashing kids around a community where Boy Scouts plant American flags in the yards. His truck is a Chevy. His beer is Bud Light. His savior is Jesus Christ. His neighbors include Rep. Tom DeLay (R-Tex.), the House majority leader, who says of Sugar Land, "I think it is America."

Pollsters and political consultants have a more specific definition of Sugar Land, as part of what they call Red America. The term is shorthand for the roughly half of the U.S. population that tends toward conservative values, the Republican Party, gun ownership, church as the preferred way to express faith, and moral absolutes.

"You find communities like this all over the place," DeLay says of Sugar Land. "This is what the future is about."

Stein has his own description of it:

"My life."

read the whole article here:

http://65.54.244.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_lang=...02D51593E3821E8

...and moral absolutes. "You find communities like this all over the place," DeLay says of Sugar Land. "This is what the future is about."

I dont think so

"You find communities like this all over the place," DeLay says of Sugar Land. "This is what the future is about."

If this is the future, someone just shoot me.

PS.Where is that gun totting Redneck when you need him? :P

If this is the future, someone just shoot me.

PS.Where is that gun totting Redneck when you need him? :P

Yes Wolfie??

I am here. Now I see how it is. Nobody wants my redneck opinions but when they need some capping done.......you see who they call! I may change my username to MadCapper, or maybe Cappem-R-Us! :lol:

I like Cappem-R-Us because it has a nice ring to it. Do you have discounts by any chance?  ;)

Mention BeatKing's website and get 100% off. I also have a family plan. If I cap 3 members of a family at regular price, the 4th member of the same family is free.

Note: 1 family per discount. Offers may not be combined. Void where prohibited. No Cash Value. Ammo extra

Britton Stein, who describes George W. Bush as "a man, a man's man, a manly man,"

:lol::lol::lol: dear lord, if that's the case and he's the new model for amer. masculinity, i'd rather be dead. 's funny how his actions make me think 'pussy' and not 'manly.'

He lives in a house that has six guns in the closets and 21 crosses in the main hallway. His wife cuts his hair with electric clippers.

That really disturbs me for some reason................

this is what disturbs me and i hope it's wrong:

the roughly half of the U.S. population that tends toward conservative values, the Republican Party, gun ownership, church as the preferred way to express faith, and moral absolutes.