two different versions of 'Kill Bill'!

The 'Kill Bill' volumes in theaters in Europe and America are considerably different than the versions released in Asia, director Quentin Tarantino revealed.

The Asian versions have different plots, dialogue and scenes. Tarantino said he did this to tune the movie to the different audiences, as each has a different emotional impact.

He said he has watched the movie with regular audiences at least 11 times in order to gauge the response of moviegoers.

The jap version is 2 cd (or DVD) instead of one and has more scenes that he cut out from the American release version. I also heard that fight scene with Crazy 88s is in full color unlike the cut that was released in Europe and the U.S. I should know more as soon as I watch it myself in little while. ;)

Edited by Wolfie

gorphon scratches head....

I need to see Kill Bill Vol. 1. I am SO behind the times! especially since now I want to see both versions since tarantino is such a wacky wizard of wonderfully weird.... works.

I haven't seen the first one.........

Should I? What kind of plot are we talking here? Is it just cheesy, sarcastic gore violence, and dumb martial arts moves?

Or is it something more?

I've read a few reviews, and seen a trailer (and TV ads). I can't say I’m too thrilled about the things they expressed...

Can someone who has seen at least one of the two, give me a synopsis?

Synopsis from IMDB for the first one: The Bride" was once part of a group of world class female assassins, until the group leader, "Bill" and the other assassins turn against her. Five years later "The Bride" awakens from the coma the assassins left her in and heads out to seek bloody revenge. Unlike conventional movies, Kill Bill is told in chapter format making the narrative flow more like a book than a film.

The review for the second one is on the site under ent. news.

I havent seen either. My friends tell me that the first one is better. Expect a stylistic film with a lot film references, pop dialogue, choreographed (fun) violence, and a hip sountrackwith a stellar cast.

The problem with vol. 1 (the US version anyway) is that the plot is almost absent while it blinds the audience with shocking imagery. Vol. 2 has the background stories and flashbacks up the wazzo with little action resembling the action in vol. 1. If both parts are shown in one setting, it has making of awsome movie but I thought splitting into two not a very good idea.

There are almost two different styles of movies and directing. As for the Jap version I haven't seen it yet so and know only what I read on-line about it.

I want to see it. Well, both actually, for the exact reasons that some trash it.

I like a mindless tussle now and again.

I might have to acquire that Japanese version and watch it for myself.

I'm thinking that too. I'll watch the N.A. version first though. :D