Wassup For The ' First Days of Summer' Weekend • 6/22/07

DudeAsInCool

A mixture of work and play for me. A friend is stranded in Texas, so are overnighting me a ticket to see 'The Police' - right front, center stage (F8) - lucky me :) Other than a set of tennis, I have some writing to do. What about you guys?

post-9-1182550316_thumb.jpg

Wow...you are lucky Dude! :thumbsup:

No plans except for Sunday...outdoor concert at McCarren Pool with thee family: http://www.mccarrenpark.com/index.html#calendar in my neighborhood to see my neighbor Rachel perform. http://www.myspace.com/oakleyhall -- We caught them at North6th last year and they were real good...looking foward to a beautiful day in the park with some good music. :happy:

Dude, have fun at the Police!! I'll be working their show at the Toyota Center on the 29th!!

Yesterday I worked a Comets game.

Today I am relaxing and I am going to call my man here in a bit and wish him a Happy Birthday.

And tomorrow I am working WWE at Toyota. Yay me!

i don't even remember what i did last weekend... WF, you look like you had a great time, i'm pleased you did.

As a few of you might remember, I work for a large logistics company who manages logistics for third parties, such as supermarkets and department stores. The company also manages distribution to everything from hospitals to building sites.

My management training program has now finished completely. I'm currently living in Doncaster, and now I'm going full time with the company next week in Swindon. So, over the last few years, I have moved Swindon -> Southampton -> Swindon -> Dublin -> Rugby -> Doncaster and now back to Swindon again. This last move is a 180 mile one.

My new job is a warehouse team leader in a warehouse dedicated to a large supermarket chain. Because my training finished Friday and my new job doesn't start until the 9th July, strictly speaking I am now unemployed!

This weekend is going to consist of packing, cleaning, leaving parties and a bit of site seeing in the local area. Although with all the flooding, I'm not sure where we can get to.

Malicious, if you're working in any way, shape or form for Sainsbury's, i'd like a word w/your managers. basically (and i have no idea if this falls under your job requirements) they have nothing but shite answers when i ask them things like 'why do you have XXX brand's of wotever and not include the flavors/types available in the States or the EU?

pure bullshit but told me very politely, of course. then i deflect and feel guilty that i bothered them. but i'm truly interested in why this happens, e.g., Haagen Dazs and/or Ben and Jerry's flavors and Kelloggs cereals (but only the unpopular ones Stateside or horribly disturbing combos i've never seen before and tastewise, even my British friends are disgusted). very confusing to me.