Worst Cover Songs In Pop Music History

Cracked.com has compiled a list of the worst pop song covers in history, complete with videos from Youtube, which I will spare you from for the moment. Meanwhile over Stereogum, the members are furiously debating the list in it's entirety, which is listed there and below. Add your favorite 'worsts', the musiciologists would like to test your musical tastes :)

20. "You Shook Me All Night Long" — Celine Dion and Anastasia

19. "Downtown Train" — Rod Stewart

18. "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" — Guns N Roses

17. "Demolition Man" — Manfred Mann

16. "American Pie" — Madonna

15. "My Generation" — Hilary Duff

14. "It's My Life" — No Doubt

13. "Video Killed The Radio Star" — The Presidents of the United States of America

12. "Walk this Way" — Macy Gray

11. "Another Brick in the Wall" — Korn

10. "I'm A Believer" — Smash Mouth

09. "Satisfaction" — Britney Spears

08. "Sweet Child O Mine" — Sheryl Crowe

07. "Big Yellow Taxi" — Counting Crows

06. "911 Is a Joke" — Duran Duran

05. "Anarchy in the UK" — Motley Crue

04. "Behind Blue Eyes" — Limp Bizkit

03. "Feel Like Making Love" — Kid Rock

02. "Dock of the Bay" — Michael Bolton

01. "And It Stoned Me" — Bob Dylan

*snigger* they totally left out the hideous, embarrassing cover of Hotel California by Alabama 3. took a LOT off their street cred AFAIC (as i never tire of reminding them when the subject comes up---and i bring it up a LOT). :lol:

I thought there'd just be a list of pretty much everything Stock, Aitken and Waterman ever recorded....

And I take issue with the Counting Crows one... I think it's a decent tune and better than the original (although I thought the original was pretty piss poor so that's not saying much.)

No Girls Aloud/Sugababes version of Walk This Way?

I didn't mind LB's cover of behind Blue Eyes.

Knockin' on Heaven's Door, I saw GnR do live, when they opened for Aerosmith at the Spectrum in Philly years ago. It wasn't too bad. Some guy jumped on stage and swiped Axel's hat during the song, and he dove in after the guy. I kinda think it may have been staged, though.

Madonna should be number one. American Pie should never be copied, and she just brutalized it. What a hack job.

I didn't mind LB's cover of behind Blue Eyes.

Knockin' on Heaven's Door, I saw GnR do live, when they opened for Aerosmith at the Spectrum in Philly years ago. It wasn't too bad. Some guy jumped on stage and swiped Axel's hat during the song, and he dove in after the guy. I kinda think it may have been staged, though.

Are your from PA, Bear. Been to the Spectrem a couple of times... saw the James Gang and The Who there once

Are your from PA, Bear. Been to the Spectrem a couple of times... saw the James Gang and The Who there once

No, just south, in Delaware. An old timer. The first show I ever saw at the Spectrum was KISS, in the mid 70's, and their openers were Judas Priest, on their first American tour, I think.

Madonna should be number one. American Pie should never be copied, and she just brutalized it. What a hack job.

Totally agree.

I hate Jefferson Starship's cover of their own song, We Built This City On Rock and Roll. They should be imprisoned for playing it :skullbones:

Not to change the subject, but is ther a thread for the BEST cover out there? I have a few.

It's as easy as clicking "new thread". :thumbsup: