Skateboard banned as new terror weapon

jipper

THE skateboard has been propelled into the front line of the War on Terror.

The European Commission yesterday labelled the toys as weapons that could be used to hijack an aircraft and banned them from the cabins of all planes taking off in the EU.

The skateboard was not alone in being deemed a potential weapon of mass destruction. Lacrosse sticks, golf clubs, pool cues and fishing rods were also included on the Commission’s list of items that European Union passengers will be prevented from taking on to aircraft.

Instead they will have to hand them over so that they can be placed in the hold.

However, the Commission evidently believes that even the most determined terrorists would find it difficult to hijack a plane with a tennis racket or a juggling club; both items escaped the ban.

The ruling has enraged Britain’s skateboarders, who are more used to being accused of antisocial behaviour than terrorism. They believe that the ban goes too far and fear that their precious boards — which can be worth hundreds of pounds — could be damaged if they have to go in the hold. A competition-standard skateboard costs about £400.

“It’s crazy. You couldn’t hijack a plane with them. You might as well ban walking sticks,” said Chris Linford, president of the UK Skateboard Slalom Association. “I could do far more damage with my laptop — it’s just as heavy and sharper.”

Chris Tanner, director of the Lush Longboards skateboard shop in Sheffield, said: “It’s probably because they don’t like people skateboarding around departure lounges, which always have those lovely big expanses of flat smooth surfaces.”

The Commission admitted that it had no evidence that al-Qaeda was stockpiling skateboards, but insisted that they posed a very real threat to airlines. “They have wheels that you could unscrew and use, and you could use it to break a window,” a spokeswoman said.

Another EU diplomat labelled skateboards “pure evil”.

source

Another EU diplomat labelled skateboards “pure evil”

hmm...dont think so

Actually, you may want to reconsider...

Kaua'i authorities identify skateboard accident fatality

Kaua‘i authorities yesterday identified an 18-year-old man who died after a skateboard accident Friday as Kahokuuluwehi Hurley.

Authorities said he fell from his skateboard about 9:15 p.m. His companions called 911 to report the fall. When firefighters and paramedics arrived, the man was lying in the street, bleeding from the head. His vital signs were weak.

Paramedics unsuccessfully tried to revive him while he was taken by ambulance to Wilcox hospital. He was pronounced dead shortly after arrival.

The accident happened in the Kapa‘a area, on the island’s east side. Authorities said Hurley is the son of a Kaua‘i police officer.

An autopsy was planned.

The following was on the deck:

henry1.jpg

Whadda buncha maroons.

I can get over the golf clubs and lacrosse sticks, because I can think of legitimate ways they could be used to hi-jack a place. But a fishing rod? Are we to believe that terrorists would intimidate the entire plane into a f'ing mountain with a fishing rod?

$%$%$%^^@#@#$!#@$^%#^*$%#@$$

I suppose under cover of darkness, they could apply a thin coating of Crisco to the runway. They would need quite a few Al-Qaeda (more than 19), since most runways are over a mile or two long. They could also "trip" the airplanes with some high-strength cable. Planes are pretty predictable when on the runways.

:psychofun:

I suppose under cover of darkness, they could apply a thin coating of Crisco to the runway. They would need quite a few Al-Qaeda (more than 19), since most runways are over a mile or two long. They could also "trip" the airplanes with some high-strength cable. Planes are pretty predictable when on the runways.

:psychofun:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

very funny thread, people, LMAO.

“They have wheels that you could unscrew and use, and you could use it to break a window”
how come those cart-thingies w/wheels at bottom, that stewardesses and others use to haul their crap around airports &c, how come those are still cool and skateboards aren't?

hmmpf...i smell a conspiracy here (it doesn't take much). :lol: