Top Gear Gets Attacked by Rednecks

method77

you actually think this is normal Joe?

In some places it is. I lived in the southern part of West Virginia for a few years. A little town called Durbin. And if these meatballs would have tried this stupid shit there, the same thing would have happened. Possibly worse. Hell, the town I live in now is a little rednecky too.

Pretty easily offended.

"i'm getting the boys" lmao

Why do that on a BBC television show? Great watch anyway. haha.

Frequent stabs at yanks eh? What time's this show on.

Just after watching this short clip i feel as if i'm missing out. I'm going to watch it the next time that i see it's on.

"We'd been warned by some American modernists - i.e. Californians - that the southerners wouldn't take kindly to any of our light mockery of the things they hold dear - Bush, heterosexuality, NASCAR, Country and Western, short hair...

But I never really believed they would take it quite that badly."

Can't they take a warning, lol.

800.jpg

^ Clarkson in an Atom lol

What time's this show on.

Normally shortly after the torrent finishes downloading! If you want to do it the old way, you can watch 8pm, Sunday on BBC 2.

Being in America was a one off, but the show is filled with stuff like that clip. You can watch quite a lot just at topgear.com.

:lol: :rolleyes:

Cheers MI ;)

Exactly. These guys went into redneck territory and blatantly ridiculed everything they hold dear.

Not just that but also the Southerners knew they were being ridiculed and taunted.

talk shit...get hit

as we say down south.

And then they're surprised at the reaction!!

I don't think they were surprised. They got exactly what they expected and what they wanted. They were run out of town and nobody got hurt. Now they have a video to market. Too bad they didn't wind up in a hospital and their vehicles burned. It would have made a better video and the program would have higher ratings. I would have enjoyed seeing them be more successful. :glare:

But then again, I always root for the rednecks! :happy:

Not just that but also the Southerners knew they were being ridiculed and taunted.

I think that was the amazing part.

They must have called one of their aquaintances in the north and asked for an interpretation of the car guys' actions.

I'm sure they were able to figure it out for themselves!!

The woman figgered it out in a jiffy and I didn't see a cell phone in her hand. :thumbsup:

The only callin' she did was for some good ol' boys to come outside. :)

I was surprised at how fast those stupid foreigners figgered out that they needed to leave. :lol:

Too bad they didn't wind up in a hospital and their vehicles burned. It would have made a better video and the program would have higher ratings. I would have enjoyed seeing them be more successful. :glare:

But then again, I always root for the rednecks! :happy:

Well they set fire to a car they tried to convert to a soft top - oddly enough in a very watery carwash, which also went up in smoke. As for hospital, well:

276800.jpg

I'm sure they were able to figure it out for themselves!!

:rolleyes:

I think you're taking this foolishness too seriously my friend.