peta on pink and wool

michi

Their tactics may be over the top, but when you consider the animal cruelty that they are trying to stop, then the perpetrators deserve their just desserts

They consider the consumption of meat cruelty. Asshats.

They fail to realize the snugly warmness of a fur garmet. Asshats.

They frown upon the tender love between a man and a goat. Asshats.

They will go to any length, hurt any person, try any psychological tactic to instill fear and hatred. Criminal cocksuckers.

They'll even send their faithful legions out to spam message boards. Not worth discussion.

I think their tactics are wrong--but, have they ever stooped as low as the perpetrators of animal cruelty? I agree MI that they shouldnt necessarily be the 'deciders'--on the other hand, someone has to speak up... I don't think society does a good enough job at it

I suppose it depends on your definition of animal cruelty.

Are they worse than someone lighting a cat on fire? No. That sort of thing isn't their principal enemy though and it's covered by law anyway. They see different enemies and I can't support their definition of animal cruelty.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

There is no reason to support, defend or try to justify PETA - there are plenty of other organisations that help protect animals.

True

I suppose it depends on your definition of animal cruelty.

Are they worse than someone lighting a cat on fire? No. That sort of thing isn't their principal enemy though and it's covered by law anyway. They see different enemies and I can't support their definition of animal cruelty.

And it isn't just the fact that their definition might be different. PETA will not stop at all out lying in trying to make people conform to their beliefs.

I mean... PETA attacks animal conservation groups that do far more good for animals than PETA could EVER wish to do.