The 2006 Christmas Thread

DudeAsInCool

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disney World Tells Santa Lookalike to Hit the Road

The happiest place on Earth just said "no" to the jolliest man on Earth.

Walt Disney World resort gave an ultimatum to a Santa lookalike who was visiting the park Sunday, warning him to ditch his festive gear or get out.

J.D. Worley, 60, is used to being mistaken for Santa Claus. But it had always been something that brought him joy, until a recent visit to Disney World.

Read More

post-9-1166304682_thumb.jpg

And..for that Christmas easy listening buzz..settle in with a good CD.... :) :)

JET BAKER..MARIJUANA CHRISTMAS...

....If you smoke pot this is your Christmas album - Marijuana Christmas, Dude the Stoner Snowman, Santa's Got the Munchies, Can You Name The Stoner Reindeer?, Weed In My Stocking, Bong Bong Bong, Christmas Buds, Santa's Bag, Holiday Rush, Hydro Hanukah, Puff..

TRACKS:

1 Marijuana Christmas

2 Santa's Bag

3 Can You Name The Stoner Reindeer?

4 Santa's Got The Munchies

5 Weed In My Stocking

6 Dude The Stoner Snowman

7 Hydro Hanukah

8 Bong Bong Bong

9 Christmas Buds

10 Holiday Rush

11 Santa's Got The Munchies (Instrumental)

12 Puff For Peace

This CD is a thank you to all the fans who download tracks from my CDs all year “I wanna wanna, I wanna wish ya a very very MARIJUANA CHRISTMAS. I wanna wish you all the best and may all of you and all yours all be blessed with happiness, health, prosperity and big big big bags of KB.” You may have seen Jet Baker in the High Times film The Cannabis Cup or on stage in Amsterdam at the Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam since 2000. This is Jet’s 8th CD about weed since meeting the peeps at High Times magazine. Songs from this CD are featured in the film MARIJUANA CHRISTMAS, a High Art film in association with Jet Baker Omnimedia. www.JetRap.com for details. Jet Baker is a grass roots movement…tell ya buds.

Have ever wondered what’s in SANTA’S BAG? This song lays it out. Dude’s got all the winning strains from The Cannabis Cup, vaporizers, bongs, mini matches (what the hell?), and more.

CAN YOU NAME THE STONER REINDEER? OK, there’s Stasher, Pincher, Downer and Bissin, Vomit and Moocher, Dramatic and Bitchin. There’s no super star red nosed reindeer here. This here’s all about the team, the stoner reindeer team. We’ll it’s mostly about Stasher and Pincher and some of their buds.

I left a plate of cookies and a glass of milk for Santa to eat. Then I waited for him. Guess What. SANTA’S GOT THE MUNCHIES. He’s always got that pipe in his mouth right?

“Tradition in my family is stockings first. There they were chocked full of stuff. There’s a candy cane stickin out. There’s a Rubik’s Cube in there, like on a key chain right? Then at the bottom of the foot guess what I found. I got WEED IN MY STOCKING. I must have been good last year. Yeah, I was good.

Yeah you’ve heard of Frosty. This song is about his bad ass buddy DUDE THE STONER SNOWMAN. “Cinnamon red hot eyes all glazed, cookie for a nose, been puffin all day.” I see the stoner snowmen and stoner snow girls all around the neighborhood. You can hear ‘em talking. I’ve heard em. You won’t believe what they talk about.

I couldn’t put out a holiday CD without including all my friends. This track is for all my buds who don’t celebrate Christmas. To all ya’ll I wanna wish ya a HYDRO HANUKAH.

Every day is a holiday. What ya gonna do about it? Here’s an idea…BONG BONG BONG. It’s a holiday. I’m gonna celebrate. It’s gonna be great. I got the kind 8th. Put out a lot of love. And ignore the hate. Take a little puff. With ya soul mate.

The day after Christmas December 26th is the official stoner holiday Marijuana Christmas. Everybody’s in town seeing their family, home from school. That’s when I get together with my CHRISTMAS BUDS. Even if I don’t see these guys until next year, I know what it’s gonna be. It’s gonna be great man.

“Gotta go gotta go gotta get it. HOLIDAY RUSH, yeah I feel it. Everybody out gettin what they’re needin. Holiday rush, Holiday season. I’m goin home back where I belong. I’m goin home, back to where I came from.”

I have had this theory for years now. Finally I’ve put the concept to music. PUFF FOR PEACE. Here’s how it works – If every time you take a puff you say a prayer for peace, well then guess what. All your prayers they do add up. Say a prayer for peace.

Until new morning dawn

After the war is done

Till then I take a puff

And say a prayer for peace....

TO ALL OUR DEAR FRIENDS AT BEATKING...HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE...FROM THE KIWIBANK FAMILY IN NEW ZEALAND... ;) ;)

post-193-1166830184.jpg

post-193-1166830192_thumb.jpg

Weeks of e-mail from listeners have produced an unofficial list of loved and hated holiday songs. And it turns out you're most passionate -- and most divided -- about one song in particular.

Top Five Most Adored and Abhorred Holiday Songs You Loved:

'The Little Drummer Boy'

'Christmas Time is Here'

'White Christmas'

'Happy X-Mas (War is Over)' by John Lennon and Yoko Ono)

'Father Christmas' (Gimme Some Money) by The Kinks

You Loathed:

'The Little Drummer Boy'

'All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth' by Donald Yetter Gardner

'Wonderful Christmastime' by Paul McCartney

'Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer' by Elmo 'n Patsy

* Nearly All Barking Dogs or Meowing Cats (who sing classic holiday songs)

A Christmas Song Sampler

Like that box of candy, you might find one you like. (The ones with the teeth marks have hard centers.)

'White Christmas' by Bing Crosby

'The Little Drummer Boy' by The Temptations

'The Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth' by Bing Crosby and David Bowie

'Jingle Bells' by the Jingle Cats

'Wonderful Christmastime' by Paul McCartney

'Christmas Time Is Here' by the Vince Guaraldi Trio

Holiday Songs From NPR

post-9-1166992418.jpg

An Updated 'Messiah' from Marin Alsop

Weekend Edition Saturday, December 23, 2006 · Handel's Messiah was a part of the holiday season long before Kris Kringle. The oratorio uses Biblical passages to tell the story of Christ's birth, death and resurrection. Conductor Marin Alsop thought the imposing composition could withstand some modern experimentation.

Listen to Too Hot Too Handel Messiah

I think Santa Claus is a woman

Story by Jules Griffin

I hate to be the one to defy sacred myth, but I believe he's a she.

Think about it. Christmas is a big, organized, warm, fuzzy, nurturing social deal, and I have a tough time believing a guy could possibly pull it all off!

For starters, the vast majority of men don't even think about selecting gifts until Christmas Eve. It's as if they are all frozen in some kind of Ebenezerian Time Warp until 3 p.m. on Dec. 24th, when they - with amazing calm - call other errant men and plan for a last-minute shopping spree.

Once at the mall, they always seem surprised to find only Ronco products, socket wrench sets and mood rings left on the shelves. (You might think this would send them into a fit of panic and guilt, but my husband tells me it's an enormous relief because it lessens the 11th-hour decision-making burden.) On this count alone, I'm convinced Santa is a woman.

Surely, if he were a man, everyone in the universe would wake up Christmas morning to find a rotating musical Chia Pet under the tree, still in the bag.

Another problem for a he-Santa would be getting there. First of all, there would be no reindeer because they would all be dead, gutted, and strapped on to the rear bumper of the sleigh, amid wide-eyed, desperate claims that buck season had been extended. Blitzen's rack would already be on the way to the taxidermist.

Even if the male Santa did have reindeer, he'd still have transportation problems because he would inevitably get lost in the snow and clouds, and then refuse to stop and ask for directions.

Add to this the fact that there would be unavoidable delays in the chimney, where the Bob Vila-like Santa would stop to inspect and repoint bricks in the flue. He would also need to check for carbon monoxide fumes in every gas fireplace, and get under every Christmas tree that is crooked to straighten it to a perfectly upright 90-degree angle.

Other reasons why Santa can't possibly be a man:

- Men can't pack a bag.

- Men would rather be dead than caught wearing red velvet.

- Men would feel their masculinity is threatened, having to be seen with all those elves.

- Men don't answer their mail.

- Men would refuse to allow their physique to be described, even in jest, as anything remotely resembling a "bowlful of jelly."

- Finally, being responsible for Christmas would require a commitment.

I can buy the fact that other mythical holiday characters are men. Father Time shows up once a year unshaven and looking ominous. Definite guy. Cupid flies around carrying weapons. Uncle Sam is a politician who likes to point fingers. Any one of these individuals could pass the testosterone screening test. But not St. Nick. Not a chance.

Don't you think...

Out of 4,908 votes, here's the breakdown:

"White Christmas" 1,507

"Silent Night" 565

"All I Want for Christmas Is You" 327

"The Christmas Song" 294

"The Little Drummer Boy" 248

"I'll Be Home for Christmas" 187

"Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" 186

"O Come All Ye Faithful" 164

"Baby, It's Cold Outside" 154

"Santa Baby" 143