Wassup For The Long Thanksgiving Weekend

DudeAsInCool

Lifehacker is running a series of Thanksgiving tips that are worth looking at...even if you arent celebrating Thanksgiving...

How To Buy A Turkey

Tofu Turkey

Cooking Tips From the Readers

More Cooking Tips

Fying A Turkey

Vegetarian Recipes

Alternate Ingredients/Cooks Thesaurus

Saving $$$$ At the Grocery Store

Holiday Drinks

But don't do this: :lol:

Man Eats 4.8 Pounds of Turkey in 12 Min.

NEW YORK — There won't be any turkey for Patrick Bertoletti on Thanksgiving — he got his fill the day before. Bertoletti, a 21-year-old culinary student from Chicago, won the annual turkey-eating contest at Artie's Deli on Wednesday, eating 4.8 pounds of the holiday bird — a full pound more than the second-place finisher.

The eight contestants in the competition had 12 minutes to eat as much of a 12-pound turkey as they could manage. And their handling of the birds wouldn't have won them any etiquette medals.

Read more at NewsVine

I'm going to see the movie Bobby tomorrow at the theater. Bobby Kennedy was a hero of mine in 1968, and represented a youthful alternative to the old guard politicians like Lyndon Johnson, Hubert Humphrey and Richard Nixon who all were almost interchangeable. Bobby's death really ended the dream for many of us in the late 60's.

Anybody else going to see any other movies over the holiday weekend?

post-25-1164231887_thumb.jpg

I'm going to see the movie Bobby tomorrow at the theater. Bobby Kennedy was a hero of mine in 1968, and represented a youthful alternative to the old guard politicians like Lyndon Johnson, Hubert Humphrey and Richard Nixon who all were almost interchangeable. Bobby's death really ended the dream for many of us in the late 60's.

Anybody else going to see any other movies over the holiday weekend?

Did you see this?

Did you see this?

No, but it almost doesn't even matter to me anymore who killed either of the Kennedys. The damage done in both assassinations was incalculable to the country and the world, and set the stage for the development of the band of criminals who control the United States today. All the many conspiracy theories in both killings have muddied the water so much that nobody can even identify rational thought anymore.

No, but it almost doesn't even matter to me anymore who killed either of the Kennedys. The damage done in both assassinations was incalculable to the country and the world, and set the stage for the development of the band of criminals who control the United States today. All the many conspiracy theories in both killings have muddied the water so much that nobody can even identify rational thought anymore.

...unless you separate the wheat from the chaff--I think the answer to both lies with Cuba.

On a more hopeful note, the Kennedy's represent the better spirit of America and the dreams of progress and prosperity for everyone

Wow...well said Koop.

warflower beat me to it--very well said, Koop.

happy thanksgiving...i miss the food, not the neurotic family shite. just sayin' (OMG, it's been six years since i had my last thanksgiving in the States)

The Aquarium Drunkard celebrates Thanksgiving by playing Arlo Guthrie's 'Alice's Resturant', a movie that ends on Thanksgiving Day. You can read his post and listen to the tune here

post-9-1164314375_thumb.jpg

Old Indian Chief gives Thanksgiving Thoughts . . .

An old Indian chief sat in his tee-pee on the reservation, smoking a ceremonial

pipe and eyeing two U.S. Government officials sent to interview him.

"Chief Two Eagles" asked one official, "You have observed the white man for

90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen

his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement. The official continued, "Considering all

these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government officials for over a minute and then

calmly replied ....

"When white man found this land, Indians were running it.

No taxes,

No debt,

Plenty buffalo,

Plenty beaver,

Women did all the work,

Medicine man free,

Indian man spent all day hunting and fishing,

All night drinking and having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled . . . "Only white man dumb enough to

think he could improve system like that."

good one, RainbowDemon. :)

though very sadly true.

this was my weekend

someone please merge/move this over to this past weekend's thread since i still can't see straight.

thank you whomever, for moving me here. :)