The Passion of Howard Stern

Meehowski

The longer we allow this stuff to snowball the harder it is to get rid of it. The right wing control of all aspects of our daily lives is getting so all-encompassing that if we don't take action soon, we'll wake up one morning and hear the jackboots echoing up our stairways.

I've voted for Republican presidents before and have never felt remorseful about it. If the President failed, like Nixon and the first George Bush, then fine, we'll find another alternative. But this Republican regime...yes, regime, has used the 9/11 tragedy to branch out tentacles which choke off all opposition and dissent. We're being transformed into a totalitarian situation and isolated from the rest of the world community. The time for us to act has arrived.

The shock jock says radio colossus Clear Channel fired him because he criticized George Bush -- and he's sure as hell not going to go quietly.

Looks like the Bill Mahre episode from Politically Incorrect all over again. Gotta love the Bushies.

The longer we allow this stuff to snowball the harder it is to get rid of it. The right wing control of all aspects of our daily lives is getting so all-encompassing that if we don't take action soon, we'll wake up one morning and hear the jackboots echoing up our stairways.

I've voted for Republican presidents before and have never felt remorseful about it. If the President failed, like Nixon and the first George Bush, then fine, we'll find another alternative. But this Republican regime...yes, regime, has used the 9/11 tragedy to branch out tentacles which choke off all opposition and dissent. We're being transformed into a totalitarian situation and isolated from the rest of the world community. The time for us to act has arrived.

Well worded. In fact, superbly worded.

Are you running for office?

------

There are similarities aren't there Wolfie?

There are similarities aren't there Wolfie?

Sure, Howard has been pulling distasteful and vulgar stunts long before this. No one had problem with it when brought in high ratings. Suddenly in start of the election year he gets pulled right after he takes a few pot shots at Bush. Coincidence? I think not.

Bill Mahre also got pulled when he dared to question Bush in middle of the post 911 patriotic fervor (right before they decided there was WMD in Iraq and Powell's slide show for the UN).

Howard Stern may be rude at times, but that's what he does. He says things with "shock" value.

It's truely sad when DJs can get fired due to the whole American political process. Clearchannel may stand behind their line of "preventing indecentcy", but 'indecentcy' can be quite subjective.

It's all open to interpretation.

BTW, cool smileys on this forum. B)

very well said, Kooperman, my thoughts exactly. i don't like howard stern but clearchannel policies have pissed me off since i became aware of them.

see what i dont understand is how they are booting him now.. Once in the car on a trip my dad was listening to Howard Stern and i was taking a snooze.. all of a sudden i hear them talkin about this Johnny Rebel person and then they played his songs and did not take one word out. Now if you listened to Johnny Rebel's work you would understand.

Johnny Rebel is a racist country song singer who rips old country songs and turns them into racist songs by dropping the N word about 50 times through the song.

They did not edit one word out of that and they didn't get in trouble. Now here as Im getting it somebody called in and said something and Howard Stern show didnt edit it like they should of but atleast that was a caller..

I will never understand